Super-quick poll: give Thimbleweed Park a vote from 0 to 10

@N_N has already created a very interesting topic in which people are discussing how much they like Thimbleweed Park and why, but this new topic is not for words, it’s to get cold numbers!

From 0 to 10, give an overall vote to the game!

0 voters

(Yes, I’m aware that a poll like this has little scientific and statistical value, but let’s do it just for fun!)

I gave it a 10. This game is as good as the two Monkey Islands in: gameplay, puzzles, story, characters, and humour. And it’s only a tiny bit less good in graphics, music and atmosphere.

1 Like

I give TWP a clear edge in graphics. Actually, I don’t even think it’s close. However, I prefer the artistic direction of MI… the design in general. I find the MI games funnier but it’s a wash on characters. In terms of gameplay, I give TWP a slight edge. MI2 possibly has the best soundtrack of all adventures. For overall atmosphere, again, I give TWP the edge because of the depth of immersion offered by the graphics with all those layers of parallax (dunno if I put that right). As for the story, I adore TWP.

In the end, I gave it a 9. In reality, 9.5. Why didn’t I round up? The game has to be spotless for that 10.

2 Likes

I gave it a 10. Maybe I’m biased.

20 Likes

I gave it a 9, simply because of the county map puzzle. That puzzle could have been more complex IMHO. It was the only puzzle I did a sigh of exasperation and stated “Really, people?”

I hope you bought the game on Steam or Gog…

1 Like

That makes me wonder… How many points do you give to MI and MI2?

1 Like

I gave it a 9 because Reyes spoiled the bloody wallet puzzle for me. I guess he withheld some information.

9 out of 10

It’s one of the best point-and-click adventures.

I gave 10 because you gave 10. :slight_smile:

I gave it 9…just not to make Ron spoiled :blush: , JK, there was a few annnoying moments and puzzle struggles I had hard time get through and also, because its not HD :confounded: If somebody is very upset right now, just think like I gave it 10 :slight_smile:

(to make everybody happy)

In this numbering thing, I’d go with 8. It’s pretty damn good. I just like The Secret of Monkey Island, the Indiana Jones adventures, and The Dig more.

I’d like to give them all 10 out of 10, but that’s not what you want to hear. :slight_smile:

For me it’s a 9 today. It will be a 10 in a decade or so. Anyone else has that bias? Your fondness of the games you love grows with time?

1 Like

The word is “nostalgia” and it´s very common.

wow ok. friendly place.

No probs!:+1:

It has happened to me sometimes but I’m not sure it will happen with Thimbleweed Park. Actually, I cannot completely exclude that I’ll become more detached with time. I’m still very torn about how much I like this game and I’m waiting for a bit more time to see what I will think about it in a couple of years. :slight_smile:

It really is, but that friendliness may include sarcasm, sometimes. :smiley:

You don´t say?

1 Like

to me the opposite happens. When Mi1 and Mi2 and Indy4 came out, I immediately thought they were classics, they did not grow on me.

Same for TWP. If I stick to objective criteria of quality I can’t say that there is another adventure game which is better than TWP. Only subjectively, I can say I like the setting and atmosphere of Monkey and Indy more.

What happens to me is the opposite. I initially think games are masterpieces because I am fooled by the presentation (e.g. Freddy Pharkas), and I believe they are classics, but soon I realize they are not.

1 Like

Thimbleweed Park grew on me the last two and a half years, while I followed the devblog and the weekly podcast until I was finally able to play it for myself. I think (and hope :wink: ) that this long period of exposure helps to keep it in memory at least as long as Maniac Mansion, Zak McKracken and the Monkey Island series.

2 Likes