David Fox (with Annie Fox) and Noah Falstein in Germany in August! (+The price of pizza)

Well, should you like some company, depending on the day… :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I thought to make a 3-days journey in Berlin, from 22 to 25, but it’s too expensive for me in that period. I checked by train, airplane or Flixbus. Not to mention the hotels. It will cost from 525 to 625 euros…

Same for 3-days journey in Cologne (even if I can’t attend the show, because of ticket price).

The only affordable chance, for me, would be to request one day off at work, on the last week of August, to meet you in Munich, which is not so far from where I live. But I already had 3 weeks off in July, and will have another week off in August (19-25). I am almost sure my boss won’t grant me another day off :sob:

With deepest regret, I must skip, this time.
My only hope is that David and Annie could be invited in one of the two major italian next events: Milan Games Week (27-29 september) or Lucca Comics & Games (30 october - 3 november).

That’s because of the Gamecom. AFAIK Cologne isn’t that expensive.

You should look for hotels in Bonn too: The subway connects the central station of Cologne with Bonn, same is valid for the trains. And there are some smaller towns around Cologne where you can reach the central station of Cologne very/relatively quick. You just have to make sure that your hotel isn’t far away from a corresponding station. If you (or someone else) need help, drop me a note.

/edit: Here is the map of trains and subways in the Cologne area:

1 Like

Yeah but around gamescom it´s not easy to find something for reasonable prices in the whole region.

Just Checked the prices for Devcom, wow.

1 Like

Yes, that’s what I intended to say. Gamecom tickets are too expensive, so I can’t attend David and Noah speech.

2 Likes

It’s just two subway stations away! Don’t forget to have a ticket with you at all times when you ride the public transport, because most ticket inspectors are rude.

No worries, I’d offer this to almost anyone responsible for creating Thimbleweed Park. <3

(that was an easy one :slight_smile: )

2 Likes

Thank you for your suggestion.
I’ve checked trains from Brescia (Italy) to Bonn: it’s more complicated than reaching Cologne directly. I should change more trains / subways (ticket price raises this way).
Flights land on the Cologne airport, too.

I could travel by car, maybe, but I like to quote a funny @Festarossa’s sentence about this topic:

• Zak: “Arto, if you have a drive license, maybe you can drive in Italy.”
  • Arto: “I can’t drive! Finnish driving style is not compatible with Italian… In here we strictly follow the rules and expect everyone else to follow the rules too. If they won’t, there will be an accident!” :sweat_smile:
4 Likes

Then travel to Cologne. :slight_smile: Bonn isn’t far away, especially if you take a flight. Because …

The “Cologne airport” is actually the “Cologne Bonn Airport:wink: and not far away from both cities.

Even Hürth/Brühl, etc.? :thinking:

Düsseldorf is also really close — not much further than Bonn, anyway.

2 Likes

Yes and no - it depends where your hotel is. :wink: The fastest train from Düsseldorf Airport to Cologne central station has 6 stops, from Köln/Bonn airport there are only 2 stops. Beside that, it’s a little bit cheaper to travel from Köln/Bonn to the Cologne central station. :slight_smile:

The fastest train is a direct train at €14 that takes 23 minutes according to this site here, in contrast to 21 minutes at €12.50 from Bonn. Of course the VRS rates are probably better, so you’re looking at 30-33 instead of 24-29 minutes instead. That’s a whopping 1-7 minutes slower than the train from Bonn unless I’m overlooking something. :slight_smile:

NB I didn’t check hotel/hostel prices. It just seems like Bonn is the obvious second choice, possibly leaving Düsseldorf with cheaper prices which might be worth checking out. :man_shrugging:

Of course! That’s why I wrote that it depends on where your hotel is. :slight_smile:

Meetup on the 19th in the hotel lobby in cologne.

You have to chek the comments.

2 Likes

Will you go to meet them?

I would love too, but I think I can´t. :sob:

Even if it´s maybe a one time chance to have them nearly at my door, only about 30km from me and I really want to meet David & Anny or Noah once, something other is way more important for me.
This day my little Daughter is with me and these are holy days for me, I never ever change them for anything.
She´s just 4 and lives only 50% with me and 50% with her Mom. So, our time together is limited.

2 Likes

After having read your last sentence, I must agree with you.
Can I ask you near which big town do you live?

Nearly between Cologne and Bonn, around Siegburg. 30-35 km to Cologne or Bonn.

“Hey, little mine, do you want to visit a big town with me? It’s KOLOGNE! Listen… KO-LO-GNE! WOW, Awesome! Let’s go.”
Should it work, isn’t it? :slight_smile: