Do you have a favorite sci-fi movie or TV series? šŸ‘½

Well unless the final episode is a major clunker IĀ“d say the third series was pretty much flawless.

That last one seemed like a big hommage to Paul VerhoevenĀ“s Films (especially Starship Trooper and Robocop).

BTW: How long was it ago that you saw that episode when you had that dream about arguing with a black soldier? Just a thought you knowā€¦:thinking:

I really liked that one too. Even though I figured it out quite early on.

Before Iā€™d watched any Black Mirror. He did look like him though, come to think of it.

1 Like

Not forgetting that this is the general Sci-Fi Movie thread, too.
Yesterday I saw the movie Colossal which was really good fun with a very original premise. Check it out!

Looking forward to tonightĀ“s episodes because:

and:

Which makes me curious and frightened at the same time hoping it wonĀ“t be something thatĀ“s embarrasing to me in any way :fearful:

Hahaha :grin: youā€™ll have to see, eh.

1 Like

Well that one also had a happy ending (and was about alternate reality) didnĀ“t it? :joy:

:smile: I loved that episode. And yeah I guess thatā€™s true. For some.

Just watched the last episode of series 4 (Black Museum) and adding that to my favourites. Really good. Reminded me of The Cave in some ways! Iā€™m sure youā€™ll see why.

Also spotted two refs to earlier episodes, now that my radar for that is on!

1 Like

Actually Iā€™ve just realised thatā€™s what I meant by ā€˜patternā€™ earlier when referring to my favourites - they both are happier than most episodes!

You asked me earlier if I watched them in order, I think thatĀ“s whatĀ“s the benefit of doing that, getting all the references.

Not only that but coincidentally both are largely set in virtual realities!
But itĀ“s funny that you like the show for certain reasons, yet your favourites are completly atypical in that regard.

IĀ“m sorry, IĀ“m not really getting it.

I mean only because I can get super worried when I havenĀ“t seen you online for a couple of hoursā€¦

:fearful:

Shit, did I just write that down instead of just thinking it? And if so why IĀ“m I writing this and still hit the reply button?

Oh yeahā€¦ Thatā€™s odd. Dammit, I donā€™t know me.

Itā€™s quite obscure. Basically the blurred spoilering of the adult content/gore via the implant made me think of the spoiler function on here.

:blush: Donā€™t worry, Iā€™m just off doing some coke.

Erā€¦ no. This is all in your head - no one can hear you.

On an unrelated note, have you thought about your bank details lately?

1 Like

Hah, that last one was like one super dark Coen Brothers movie with hints of Dostoyevsky.

The guinea pig saw everything!

But that song starts to get really annoying that was like the 4th episode this was in now.

ThatĀ“s meta!

555ā€¦

1 Like

Is it weird that I still havenā€™t picked up on that? :confused: I think itā€™s because I wasnā€™t really looking out for any cross-links originally, and I watched some of them out of order.

What song is it?

Of course I notice more because I show them in short succession while for you some years might have been inbetween if you saw it on the telly.

Kinda, because it seems to be in like every other episode by now.

This:

I canā€™t even use that as an excuse as watched them on Netflix. Thanks for trying :wink:

I totally missed that. I quite like that song, too. Maybe itā€™s that it doesnā€™t irritate me enough to notice.

I think it made an impression on me because itĀ“s first appearance at the talent show was so awkwardly drawn out.

But IĀ“d rather go blind.

ā€¦

No I mean the song. I like that song, too. Just wanted to say that, for no reason whatsoeverā€¦

1 Like

Getting one more episode (Hang the DJ) in before the truth is finally out there again!

I really liked that one :slight_smile: donā€™t you be late!

1 Like

You really like the ones with the happy endings, do you? :slightly_smiling_face:

Was that Morrissey singing that eponymous tune at the end?

Aye!

Aye! Itā€™s about a DJ they despised and rejected, like the couple do in the face of the system in the episode :slight_smile:

1 Like

Metalhead was a thrilling albeit untypical episode as it generally felt more like an old timey B Movie (I guess thatĀ“s why they went for the b/w look), and IĀ“m not sure what to make of the ending? :anguished:

I also checked for inside no 9 and Iā€™m sorry but as of now that one is only on iTunes so thatā€™s a definete no for an indefinite time.:confused: