Netflix (and other VOD) recommendations

Funny you would say that. You will have a good laugh near the end of the show.

Interesting…

Though they´re doing it to the wrong people. The people who would need to be educated in such a radical way are sitting in washington.

1 Like

So I´ll be getting The New Adventures Of Jimmy McGill starting tomorrow, how about you guys?

Yep! Thanks for the reminder.

1 Like

So I haven´t seen the new episode of BCS, yet. It might going to be a little late so probably no talk before tomorrow evening.

1 Like

I’m not watching it tonight either I don’t think.

I might try to fit it in later tonight but I won´t have the time to comment until tomorrow evening or some time later on thursday.

Whatever I will have to say will as usual depend on the balance of the Jimmy/Mike Plotlines. :balance_scale:

1 Like

I’m glad the fourth season of Better Call Saul came out, and I suggest the series to anyone has seen Breaking Bad, and doesn’t know the spin off. I don’t know when I’ll start to watch the new episodes, though.

I think I’ve missed some messages. Is there one of the plotlines that you like less?

Funnily enough I don´t care about Jimmy half as much as I care about Mike. I seem to be in the minority with this but I actually found someone who put it exactly the way I feel about this.

It was something like that the stakes are just so different. In Jimmy´s line of work the worst that can happen to you is lose your license. With Mike it is about nothing less than life and death and in every confrontation the tension is high.

Don´t get me wrong I like Jimmy/Saul and his story and all. But that whole retirement home fraud story is nothing compared to always near deadly stand offs Mike finds himself in on a regular basis.

So the more this show is about Mike´s stories (and everytime you think the two come together they drift apart again) the more entertained I feel by the show as a whole.

In the end I don´t think this would have needed 5 seasons (or more?) thus pulling a Frasier by having the spinoff run at least as long as the show it spun off from. There is a lot of stuff that is just so drawn out that had you cut that you would have ended up with a solid 3 seasons. But then again you might have to change the title to “I like Mike” or something.

But each to their own. In the end I like this show, not as much as Breaking Bad, but Mike´s plotlines are just too good for me to stop.

2 Likes

I think I should have seen it coming that Michael McKean wasn´t gonna come back. I´ve been following him on twitter for about 2 years no and there was not a single mention the past year of being on set for the show or anything.

So half of the episode was Jimmy griefing over Chuck while the other half was about Mike trying to get that security job, which was funny.

Not too much happened so far.

Intriguing spoiler tags. I’ll read this properly when I’ve watched it.

1 Like

Odd. Today I was thinking about a movie of which I saw some scenes in an old documentary series about cinema history. Today I found it is now on Amazon Video. I really do hope it is available in other coutries, too.

It is Alexandro Jodorowsky’s “The Holy Mountain” (1973).
The movie is an hallucinatory and spiritual journey.
It’s weird. Psychedelic. Visual. Violent. So seventies.

It is completely different from any other movie you’ve seen, though it can recall some exploitation cinema because of the graphic content.

I’ll post a link to the trailer. Caution, it might be disturbing or offensive for some people.

Summary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqbJHbP61PY

A classic. Life is a movie! Zoom back camera!

I was sure this title was in your list :blush:

I got it on Blu Ray last year. This title along with El Topo were only very recently released on home video. But I´ve seen both on TV many years ago. Great stuff!

I love this monologue about the violence in his movies(time code included).

It’s not on Netflix and similar, but… if you like silent and symbolic movies from that time span, may I recommend Marco Ferreri’s “Dillinger is dead”?

PS: your video is blocked in my country due to copyright issues

Oh that has an interesting cast, thanks!

As for italian movies of that time period, I still like Fellini´s Amarcord a lot.

Aww, what a shame.