Netflix (and other VOD) recommendations

And yes I deliberately choose a part that makes me look smarty pants. I´m a fraud…

1 Like

Of course books take precedence. No argument there. :wink:

On movies:

3 Likes

Haha, that was a fun scroll, especially when Nooshi(?) popped up.

1 Like

Nushi. :wink:

Short for Nuska. (Pronunciation: Nooshkah.)

Ah yes, but I got the right cat! I didn’t have time to check.

Nushi aka shedmonster.

2 Likes

Do you have the Stephen King film Cat´s Eye on DVD or something? I would have put that right next to Nushi, just for pun.

1 Like

Same pic as above with a little highlight:

Edit: Btw, don’t you think Lilo & Stitch is unintentionally meaningful, too? :wink:

1 Like

Today Matt Groening´s new show “Disenchantment” was added to Netflix with a first 10 episode season.

I will start watching that from tonight on. My expactations aren´t as high as they were back then with Futurama but what I´ve seen so far still looks pretty original and interesting.

You got any sort of expectations for this, @Guga?

How do you prevent those shelves from dust? And/or how do you clean them?

I only use Swiffer.

Is it enough for those “curvy” surfaces? Or in other words: Isn’t it an amount of work to clean all books and DVDs with a Swiffer? (Even if you don’t take each book and DVD out of the shelves)? And I haven’t made good experiences with these things:

115864_p

They just “spread” the specs of dusts. :slight_smile:

I find it really easy and stress free. Everything that sticks too much needs a damp cloth of course.

1 Like

I don’t know why exactly, but this place is approximately 10% as dusty as the apartment we lived in previously. So… basically it doesn’t get dusty? :stuck_out_tongue:

It probably helps that it’s the library.

In the living room either a cloth or lowest setting vacuum cleaner depending a bit. On the shelves, that would be extremely infrequently, and probably only the lowest ones really.

For daily cleaning we pretty much just use a broom on the floor.

A better question would be how do you prevent tumblefurs. :wink: The answer is we don’t know.

Maybe it’s not the apartment but the cats. Lexi is basically a walking Swiffer now that @milanfahrnholz mentioned it. She makes up for it by spreading litter around very enthusiastically.

1 Like

I don’t know why, but I didn’t feel the hype as much as I felt it for Futurama. But I suppose it can be great. I mean, Futurama is great. Why shouldn’t Disenchantment?

1 Like

Well, I´m liking it so far. It started a bit slow but got better with each episode.

“Me flavoured water! Come on taste ma KNEES!”

Also, I´m I hearing a lot of cockney accent there, or am I dreaming? :star_struck:

1 Like

The Alienist has been renewed for a 2nd season! :clap:

1 Like

I’m going through the second season of “Hap & Leonard”.

That’s better than I thought. Every season is the transcription of a novel.
In the first novel, and so the first season, they still weren’t two (unofficial) detectives.
I didn’t know that. I’ve read 3-4 later novels.

The Alienist was nice because of its setting, but I found it quite trivial… that’s the usual serial killer story, after all.

Did anybody see “The Knick”? Too bad they made just 2 seasons…

Yesterday I watched the first episode.

Well, not all. I closed it after less than 10 minutes, I couldn’t really like it. I’ll try again.