Space Quest: Captain M. Funkloch's Adventures In Space šŸš€

It seemingly is asking me to take a curve:

But then this happens:

This is on the left on right side of the screen so IĀ“m not even sure which side is worth the effort!

1 Like

Hereā€™s my memoryā€™s impression of the path along the cliffs, that you actually had to follow. :slight_smile:

path815

Yeah sounds about right.

But the way it looks it could also be a bad hit to the stock market. :laughing:

1 Like

Hehe, that it could!

I canā€™t find what Iā€™m looking for, but I did come across this gem (too new):

1 Like

Hah, great scream! Almost as good as this:

2 Likes

:musical_note: Jaws Theme :musical_note:

3 Likes

I seem to remember the first four Kings Quests all having a ton of stairs, paths, trees, etc. that need pixel perfect walking to get pastā€¦

2 Likes

Call Edna instead!

2 Likes

Could be as simple as that. :slight_smile:

I thought those games were average at best in the fun department back in the day; I doubt I finished any of them.

1 Like

I played most of the Kingā€™s Quest games for the first time recently and I found it a real mixed-bagā€¦

KQ2 I thought was great and was one of the most enjoyable and charming adventure games Iā€™ve played, and KQ6 I thought was great tooā€¦
KQ1 was fun but a bit of an oddity, KQ4 was good but had lots of frustrating bitsā€¦

Then KQ3 was one of the most miserable adventure games Iā€™ve ever played, mostly because of the timer thing in the first half (if it didnā€™t have that, it would be pretty good)
KQ5 was the only one I played as a kid and I remember having mixed feelings over it - the locations and sense of exploration seemed great, but the actual game was unfair and frustrating

1 Like

I would agree with that. The quality was up and down, but in the end I thought most of them were just too frustrating to be fun even if they seemed close to pretty cool in principle. But I didnā€™t play all of them or anything; chances are I never saw KQ2. I do remember that in one of those games (KQ1 or 2/3 or something) there was something like a forest in which you could just keep walking and walking and walkingā€¦

Kingā€™s Quest 6/Larry 5 and onward are from a different era, mostly for the better imo but of course Iā€™m not talking about bonus features like VGA graphics and voice acting but about less of the frustrating nonsense at the core.

Incidentally, I now know that back in the '90s I got stuck in Larry V soooooooooooo close to the end (in Miami), but I didnā€™t realize I was almost done. I did enjoy that one, even if it was a bit simplistic and full of ā€œthese prove Ron Gilbert rightā€ type cutscenes. At least it didnā€™t kill you off for no reason or punish you for not performing some action early on iirc.

1 Like

(at the end of a super shitty day, IĀ“d love to go to actual space now. :expressionless:)

Also IĀ“m not gonna continue until I know if getting mugged by the rat is avoidable/HAS to be avoided or not. Getting substracted points in this game makes me crazy! :dizzy_face:

Sorry youā€™ve had a shitty day.

Itā€™s necessary.

1 Like

IĀ“m mainly asking because I could have gone there without getting that reactor thingy from down below, so I donĀ“t know what would have happened in that situation. Now that guy guy steals that thing from me.

I also inserted that transporter thingy where it belongs into in that bigger ship with help of that claw I used above but I canĀ“t seem to climb the ship.

Okay so I get myself mugged then and look if I canĀ“t do anything inside the hollow eye of Optimus Prime.

1 Like

You should be able to rectify that afterwards.

You will when you do the thing that made me laugh the most about this game :smile:

Iā€™m also going to caveat this by warning you that a) I donā€™t remember absolutely everything and b) the walkthroughs donā€™t always have all the detail. So try not to get short with your AI :wink:

1 Like

Well I enjoyed the little easter egg with the capsule that said Bowman (I already understood that) and HAL (to make it more obvious). Too bad I canĀ“t seem to look at the Tie Fighter wreck.

Mhhh, IĀ“m curious what I can do inside the robot head now.

Okay. Any important warnings?

I gotta admit the controls are more annoying now for some reason. They just donĀ“t react as good as in the other two games. Also going through passages where I cannot see lil Roger for a while it would be really nice if IĀ“d be able to hear footsteps to know if IĀ“m walking at all.

Also everything I did so far I only did because I tried a couple of things but IĀ“m not really sure about the why and my goals and such. :man_shrugging:

Not at this point.

Do you have anything in your inventory?

I think at the moment Roger just wants to get out of there.

Used to have a reactor and wires until eyepatchless Danger Mouse covered me in Batman bubbles. Now I only have the glowing gem from the previous game (a nice touch btw!)

1 Like

That mustā€™ve been nice.