Thimbleweed Park Italian fan dub Project - Official Thread(TM)

Naaa, they must be done by different people. I have choosen my favourite among them :wink:

1 Like

Actually… wouldn’t it be great if they speak themselves in Italian?

5 Likes

Who knows :slight_smile:

Yesterday @Ema was so kind to send me the Italian lines of Boris as well as an audio file with the correct pronunciation of every line. This was really helpful as Boris says words like “orsacchiotto” which I never said or heard before.

Currently I’m practicing to say the sentences fluently. I hope that I can start recording next week. :studio_microphone:

1 Like

I think reading in italian is easy.
Except for a few exceptions, every letter has a unique sound, vowels and consonants.
I mean: the “a” letter, in english, can be rendered in different modes depending on the word.
“smart”, “snail”, “may”, “nap”, “table”… different variations in pronounce.

In italian:
“orsacchiotto” = “o r s a k k i o t t o”

Just for nitpicking…
This implies that we have 27 characters who have at least ONE approved casting actor yet.
At this very moment, NO character has an official assigned actor.
Some of these character have more than one approved casting. Also we had to reject a few casting actors because of their insufficient skills.

We’re still casting, and we’d like to audit as many candidates as possible in order to get an overall average good acting quality.

So, feel free to chime in: We still have many people to include in our project.
If any other german would like to give a try to Boris’ lines, just PM me.

It would be neat also if a Japanese fan could take care of the part of Ray’s boss!

I still haven´t found the time, yet. Also when a cold gets in the way it´s also not possible to record. But I´ll give it a try soon.

2 Likes

It could be a nice idea: Ron, David and Gary speaking themselves, in italian.
I am confident they could do a good job! There are only 6 lines after all (one at Thimblecon, five near the end of the game).
It’s up to them, we can give them full support, of course.

To me the original kickstarter video confirms how greatly @RonGilbert underestimates his own voice acting talents.

Also with numerous podcasts all three of them (@RonGilbert, @David and Gary Winnick) have proven they aren’t too shy.
Having a voice role in your own game! Again! Wouldn’t this be amazing?

Yep. @RonGilbert has a great voice and voice acting talents! For example I can imagine him as the narrator in an audio drama.

@AndreKraemer I listened to your Boris: congratulations for your italian, your reading is very good, and there is that German accent which is appropriate for Boris!

@milanfahrnholz when you will be in good health, record your Boris, we want to listen to you, too!

1 Like

Hi guys,

I’m fine, it has been a very difficult last month for me.
As you probably already understood since the last weeks in the telegram group, I was approaching
a very hard period at work, but it turned out to be harder than expected. Also more other tasks in my
life have come. I made as much as I could to help TWP project, starting as a backer (and ancient guilt absolver)
trying to write useful or encouraging (or at least I like to think so :-P) comments for the blog, writing
and keeping updated the TWP italian wikipedia page, and eventually taking part in the iOS beta-testing
(actively for its first half). But this time I have to quit.
I had a lot more spare time one year ago, when I originally thought of this project and asked about it
in the Friday Questions. Unfortunately the time has come when I’m totally out of sentiment to do
this dub that, since it’s an act of love for the genre and the title, needs to be done with passion,
dedication, and time.
I frantically tried to record almost 1500 lines in a couple of days, as you remember, but it turned out
to be not a good choice. (Also I made the mistake of recording in wav directly and this decreased quality
from my recording instruments). Since I give an high value to the work of our beloved devs, I don’t want to
partecipate in something in which I could not spend myself as I would (not even for a small small part :-).
And it’s probably better this way.
I’m very happy to see that in this last month the project has been going on so well!I’m happy to see that the selected
platform of messaging still works well and you kept it (please don’t ask me to rejoin
because I had contrasts with previous coworkers, and I used it to send files with it and I don’t want
to be submerged with messages by them in which the only thing I could say is “I told you, you didn’t
listen to me, now I left this place because I knew they did things without the needed care and responsibility,
and when it comes to buildings, safety is really important.”) I will make the email used for the inscription here public and
I promise to read it more frequently.
Anyway, even if I consistently decreased my presence here - I’m really busy now that I left the previous wotking place -
but also for other tasks of my life, I will still have a look from time to time and I make you the best wishes for this wonderful project
that in my opinion couldn’t find better hands to be handled since it’s finished.

Keep on the good work!
I will have a look here in the forum from time to time!
A big hug to you all!!!

5 Likes

Thank you, Gffp.

Don’t worry about us. Take care of your life tasks. We’ll keep Ransome as the last character to be recorded, just in case you’ll come back last minute. So long, and take care!

:blush:

Ema

@Gffp I’m really happy to read a message from you! Since Nov 21th, Guga and I were worried for you, for your sudden eliminated account on telegram, and general disappearing from the web!

We tried to convince ourselves that you simply had won the lottery, and were in the Caribbean, relaxing…

About this project, I’m really sorry that you can’t/don’t want to rejoin. You put so much effort in doing Ransome’s voice, it’s a pity.
The project is going on, we are currently doing castings, recordings, day after day the characters have their italian voice.

We are taking this thing seriously, without forgetting to enjoy, anyway.
All of us are aware that we are doing this during our spare time, and that our lives’ priorities have the precedence.
So, even if I’m sorry, I can understand you, and will respect your choice.
Of course, if things for you will get better, feel free to enter again. There is room for everyone.

Good luck!

I definitely remember that! I saw that ad maybe on RTL in the first nineties and it stuck into my mind…
It was so strange to me… :smiley:

@Gffp I’m sorry for what you’re going through, but I’m happy you’re fine. I was really worried.

If you ever want to come back, there are lots of small parts waiting for you :slight_smile:

Just recorded my Boris, hope you have fun with it.

“Looking forward” to the feedback.

expected feedback

1 Like

Good! I’ve listened to it. Thank you very much!
Your italian reading is good, are you sure it’s your first time reading in italian?

Definitly! Half the time I have no idea what I´m saying. I can imitate how others speak however, I can do accents and such in a couple of languages, my english is largely accent free.

1 Like

You know, in the beginning I was quite surprised. Short sentences are very clear and sometimes you sound like an Italian that’s making a parody of the German accent :smiley:

But you get lost in long sentences :stuck_out_tongue: you can actually pinpoint the exact moment your tongue breaks in two!