Like feature on Discourse (was: Tiangong-1 decay)

True.

Have you seen this one though?
Squeeze

What is this person looking for? John McClane? Xenomorphs?

1 Like

His car keys …

Well, it could be worse. You could have man hands.

1 Like

You are not your car keys.

I’ve been waiting to use that joke somewhere for about FIVE YEARS!

2 Likes

Hi @eviltrout

I just want to say that I think it’s not a good idea to remove the work “likes” near the heart button, because, as @PiecesOfKate pointed out, it’s too easy to click on it to see who liked and accidentally push on it, and it already happened to me.

The word “like/likes” basically worked as a safe area to click on to view users without clicking on the heart.

2 Likes

I find it interesting how many people have an issue with that i.e. how many people need to do that. If I look at the likes I only do that after I liked a post to not be influenced. :thinking:

But you forget the case when you do not want to give a like but you are still interested in knowing who liked that post.

Hey, the best place for your feedback is on the meta topic:

I’m not personally involved in this feature and that’s the best place to collect feedback and debate the feature.

1 Like

That´s an interesting, what case is that?

For me, it happens often. I’m curious and interested in knowing other people who find a post particularly interesting while I didn’t. Or maybe there’s a joke I didn’t get.

Thanks @eviltrout! I was trying to lazily give you a feedback without having to sign up to another forum :stuck_out_tongue:

Are discourse accounts local only? I haven´t tried signing up to another discourse forum yet, so I wouldn´t know if they also work globally or not.

It seems so. I’ve tried signing up to the suggested forum with the account I use here but I wasn’t able to get in. There are some automatic sign up procedures via twitter, facebook and other social media, though.

Same here.

I agree with @Gffp. @eviltrout: Another solution would be to “split” the number and the heart into two buttons (that are clearly recognizable). This in includes that if you hover over the number only the number is highlighted.

2 Likes

Ah, thanks, I’m glad that wasn’t just me. I made a new account and will post something too.

2 Likes

Finally catching up with this. It seems @Gffp’s comments on the other Discourse board were dismissed as not that relevant. Oh well, thanks for trying!

An interesting tip though:
You can click the ellipsis (…) underneath a post to expand the like details.

That avoids accidentally pressing the ‘like’ icon. Not quite as instinctive though - I liked it how it was.

I’m now earning badges all over again in the other Discourse forum, haha. Hello again Discobot…

2 Likes

You´re cheating on us with another forum…:sob:

Well maybe if you didn’t keep staying late at the office :sob:

Calm down guys, we can all be polyamorforumous here :blush:

5 Likes