Under development adventure games that are worth a mention

Unforeseen incidents is out today: https://store.steampowered.com/app/501790/Unforeseen_Incidents/

Someone care to try it and tell us if the puzzles are fair and how long it is?

3 Likes

Yes, I will - but not now. :wink:

Until now I’ve found only one German review from a German newspaper:

http://www.haz.de/Nachrichten/Kultur/Uebersicht/Unforseen-Incidents-So-geht-Weltuntergang

It is very positive. According to the review the game has humor, “good ideas” and plot twists. It is a mixtures of Twin Peaks and X-files. The time for a walkthrough is longer than in other modern adventure games. They recommend it. The first critics on steam are also very positive.

btw: It’s also available DRM free on GOG:

4 Likes

Oh cool, been wanting to play this. Have to finish Zak first though.

:thinking:

1 Like

According to the review. :slight_smile: The story and the setting reminded her of Twin Peaks and X-Files. (And a specific area in Germany… :slight_smile: ).

So, yes: If you liked TWP you may want to try Unforseen Incidents. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I know, wasn’t accusing you :slight_smile:

reminded :slight_smile:

Yeah, it does sound like it has some similarities in terms of the tone and style. I like the outdoor vibe it gives off. I’ll definitely have to check it later.

1 Like

A mysterious place in germany? Could it be Bielefeld?

Since we´re here and it has been bugging me for a while. Do you really say “Under development”? Shouldn´t it rather be “In development”?

1 Like

:ballot_box_with_check:

Ruhrgebiet

But I assume that she wasn’t ever in the Ruhrgebiet, because it doesn’t look there like in the game.

1 Like

I think both are okay. In my experience people tend to use ‘under development’ for physical things like buildings, such as a new hotel or something. A bit like ‘under reconstruction’. But for something like a video game I’d say ‘in development’.

@tasse-tee?

3 Likes

There I would say “under construction”. But not “in construction”.

I mean, the “logic” of the language is really weird.

1 Like

I’m not @tasse-tee :wink: but in software development both terms are used - but mostly “in development”.

3 Likes

I agree! Both are ok, but “in development” is more common for videogames.

3 Likes

You could be… from your username, you could be anyone and everyone!

2 Likes

Yeah, I’ve heard both used. But definitely not ‘in construction’.

People probably started using ‘under development’ because it sounds like ‘under construction’.

2 Likes

I’ve read “under development” if the focus lies on the ongoing process while “in development” means: “it’s not finished”. But I’m not an English expert, so don’t trust me. :wink:

1 Like

I think it’s one of those grey areas where people have manipulated the meanings over time.

What? In English? Get out!

1 Like

There’s little logic in language! Most of it is arbitrary.

2 Likes

It probably should be ‘unreleased’ anyway since software development keeps going on for awhile even after release, as we all know…

3 Likes

Well, in the age of early access and Kickstarter the development starts after the release… :wink:

2 Likes

OMG! Robin “the genius” Johnson just started a new adventure game 1) about pirates , 2) with graphics!

announcement: https://www.patreon.com/posts/screenshot-from-19078543

4 Likes

That’s quite the qualification. :stuck_out_tongue: What thing he made should I look into?