TWP: is there something wrong with the German verb interface?

Now I have to play it and say, that you should write it together without Dash, as the word entered German language and is used like any other word according to Duden. So it would be “Grammatikfreak”. :joy:

Should. But I could still write it with a dash, if I would like to highlight one of the words (like in this case). :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I just stumbled upon this “explanation” and especially for people whose first language isn’t German I would like to point out that it doesn’t make sense to me either.

So, because Franklin’s commands happen to end in “e” (Stöhne), the translator chose to use a completely different form (Nehme) for the normal commands, just because they also happen to end in “e”?

Imagine in English Franklin’s commands would be “guess” and “hiss”. And the developers would decide that because they end in “s”, also the normal commands should end in “s”, so they would use “Gives” and “Takes” instead of “Give” and “Take”. That wouldn’t make any sense!

Even if you argue that “grammar in adventure games is broken anyway”.

This is quite misleading for people with limited understanding of German. Stöhn vs. Stöhne is a stylistic choice (both are correct), but “Nehme” instead of “Nimm” is simply a different form, it’s not a different “style” of imperative.