Disney is open to indie devs using its IPs

I´d actually be open for a modern style Sid Meier´s Pirates kinda game.

Just from the “what I used to think was cool a child” perspective we had amazing modern games in recent years where you could play Knights, Cowboys, Samurai/Ninja and Astronauts. So why not Pirates? I think I´d enjoy that.

Somehow Sea Of Thieves doesn´t really look like that to me though(maybe it´s too stylised and I´m thinking something more realistic, like RDR on the Seas, one small section of RDR2 set on a Carribean Island even looked like it could be that). I admit that Ubisoft one that has not much more but some teaser trailers so far (can´t even think of the name…Skull and Bones maybe?) does really look great and could fill that particular nieche. But it also looks like it doesn´t come out after the even the next pandemic is over.

1 Like

That sounds great, I don’t sea (it’s a pun) why not. Just with not with MI characters of course.

1 Like

No, gimme something new. And please no Jack Sparrow either! Historical characters maybe, though.

1 Like

I know what you mean, but just for the records: There is/was an official (now not so much) modern remake of Pirates:

1 Like

Oh yeah. Well 2005 is at least 3 generations over now and almost retro in itself now! :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

The last comments seem to be of exactly that kind. People who played it when it was new and now have nostalgic feelings playing it today. Funny how at least these latest comments seem to be from people who don´t know the original game is way older. :slight_smile:

I played Pirates remake ca. '05/'06. Was pretty decent.

Please note that Ron’s blog has been a 1st of April joke free blog for 18 years

1 Like

Thank god this did not turn out to be true XD

TRUE!

4 Likes