Guga's Adventure Game Thread

So there will be a Arthur Flabbington GOTY edition? :smiley:

:thinking: Really? I mean… I’m not a fan of toilet humor because I generally don’t find it very funny. But it actually isn’t able to make me uncomfortable. I admit I’m quite a notorious strong stomach, I find very funny all those splatter Kitano-Tarantino-Python-esque situations.

But, come on, that TWOAF turd… Is nothing more than 4 brown pixels to me. :blush:
I found much more repelling the toilet scene in RTMI, for instance.
What I liked about all the bathroom scene in TWOAF is that I wouldn’t do that for €1 million in real life. It’s oddly satisfying to force a fictional character to do that.

1 Like

To be honest, it wasn’t the turd, but the virtual smell emanating from it :smiley:. And the luckily unfounded expectation that flushing the toilet would lead to a situation like in this famous German cartoon:

I guess the issue isn’t so much what TWOAF does, but what it could have done :smiley:.

2 Likes

You’re gonna vote for Will of Arthur Flabbington, The at the Aggie Awards regardless of the stink lines, aren’t you? :smile:

3 Likes

Is it possible to vote for The Will of Arthur Flabbington too?

3 Likes

Afraid not, I’m.

4 Likes

Well, I’m happy with the results :grin:

9 Likes

1 Like

Spoiler: TWOAF won both “best comedy writing” and “best traditional adventure”.

3 Likes

What an achievement! :star_struck: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Bravissimo!

Guess who just won best adventure game at the Game Development World Championship

9 Likes

Wow. Congrats.

Which prize is the cooler? The Aggie one, or this one? And which one is the coolest of all, in adventure games industry? Just to get an idea of how much cool my developer friend is. :sunglasses:

1 Like

I don’t know, the Aggies are held into big consideration by fans of the genre but this one is not AG specific so the fact that they included this category is cool too.

But the coolest recognition would be Ron that makes a post on Mastodon saying he played the game and he loved it :thinking: will it ever happen?

6 Likes

Slim chance. I bet Ron couldn’t even solve the puzzles in the intro act!

2 Likes

Congratulations, outstanding result! :grinning: The Aggies is the only kind of award that I religiously check every year and it was a pleasure to see your game win!

4 Likes