I have changed my mind: "Monkey Island 3a" could suck

I would say that it’s unlikely that I wound’t play it, but I might be extremely cautious before deciding what to do. For example, I might wait for some reviews and opinions before buying the game. Screwing up a sequel is quite easy.

I’m technically able to do that, yes. :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t think that comparing Monkey Island with TWP would be fair, because I don’t care about TWP as much as I care about a childhood memory. For example, I never liked very much the whole story of TWP, but that didn’t prevent me for completing the game and enjoying it, because I didn’t have the same expectations that I would have about MI3a.

Yes, I’ve seen that screenshot somewhere else and I intentionally didn’t comment in that thread because I don’t feel comfortable hypothesizing that (spoiler coming about a possible plot twist in Monkey Island) Ron used the overused “it’s just an illusion / dream / fantasy” card.

Actually, Ron planned it as a trilogy before M1 production ended:

Moreover, after I played MI2, I perceived it as a clear trilogy, because in my opinion the ending of MI2 leaves a lot of topics open.

Oh yes, I understand now.

I remember that commentary. Trust me, that’s sarcasm. :stuck_out_tongue:

I know, but who knows how Ron would make their story evolve? Between MI1 and MI2 they spent some time together and Elaine realized that Guybrush was an idiot, but while it’s unlikely that she would marry him for love, it would be coherent with their relationship if she would marry him for pity. :stuck_out_tongue:

(Source)

I laughed a lot when I discovered that book. :smiley:

There is no third chapter.