"point & click" board games

Which one?

I’ve only played the original one, Master Labyrinth and also the junior version. I might try the card game!

The “first”/original version from the 1980s.

Pledgemanager for Shovel Knight: Dungeon Duels is now live!

• $40 for 2D version (standees only)
  • $70 for 3D version

And you can get add-ons.

Note: Shipping will be charged later. Pledgemanager stays open until when production starts, possibly in December. Source

It would be very expensive. But if you don’t want to paint them yourself you can always pay somebody to do it.

This is how the work of professional a painter looks like :crazy_face::

1 Like

I know this topic was more about point’n’click related board games so here we go:

Panda Cult Games, the makers of Shovel Knight: Dungeon Duels also kickstarted another board game not too long ago:
Wander: The Cult of Barnacle Bay (Kickstarter)

They had planned an expansion called LaCluck’s Revenge with a boss called:
LaCluck - Ghost Pirate Chicken Lord. She has a drumstick peg leg. And a ghost pirate crew. :ghost:
:slight_smile:

3 Likes

It

is

https://twitter.com/PandaCultGames/status/1275505302956322821
happening!

https://twitter.com/PandaCultGames/status/1282758927822712832

(“Kickstarter later this year”)

1 Like

I recently watched an interview of Bill Tiller and somebody mentioned he owns Haunted Mansion Game (1972).

Looking this up led me to a much more recent board game: Scooby-Doo: Escape from the Haunted Mansion (2020).

It’s basically Maniac Mansion / SCUMM!

• You have multiple rooms.
  • You collect inventory items.
  • You can use those items on objects in the rooms.
  • There are multiple characters (it’s a co-op game).
  • You have multiple verbs (each character has its own, e.g. Scooby-Doo can smell, Velma can research etc.).

(I’ve learned this from watching this video: How to Play video by Tantrum House)

Also see:

4 Likes

… which already made it as a SCUMM (like) game on the Sega Megadrive/Genesis:

3 Likes

Jeepers!

Oh, very interesting! Art-style is DOTT-like (including car intro) and there is even an Indy3 catacombs section and a Full Throttle stock car racing minigame!

Also: fifty-character passwords, yikes!

3 Likes

That looks pretty cool. Reminds me of this board game I used to have in the 80’s:

It was really fun. The little treasure chests actually open and have little paper pictures of cobwebs or gold, or shirts that say “I found a treasure chest and all I got was this lousy T-shirt”…

But maybe I’m misremembering that last part.

4 Likes

I like how it uses those boxes and stairs to move between floors:

2 Likes

OK, not quite this year, but this year:
The Kickstarter campgain for Wander: LaCluck’s Revenge is now live!

It’s (still) not really adventure game related. A cooperative board game, likely very similar to Wander: The Cult of Barnacle Bay (2019) [BGG].

Just found your post I somehow missed back then. I won that game in a costume contest as a kid, and I was the ghost. I played that game a lot with friends.
A pity, they didn’t even try to translate “Das verrückte Labyrinth” to English. With just “Labyrinth”, people would confuse it with other titles for sure.

2 Likes

… and canceled.

We wanted to let you all know that we have decided to stop this campaign, restructure, and relaunch in a few weeks.

OK, we will see if it will be this year, maye it will be that other year…

1 Like

Here we go again!
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/pandacultgames/wander-laclucks-revenge-0
But now for real, right? RIGHT?

2 Likes