Ron Gilbert in Norway this weekend

True, though I must say when you approach The Legend Of Zelda cartoon with low enough expectations it ain´t that bad actually. I re watched the entire 13 episodes of that twice in the past ten years, and besides all the well known problems I found it really watchable.

And there were some great guest spots in the sitcom segments. Elvira! Little Richard! Rowdy Roddy Piper and Lou Albano as himself with Cindy Lauper. Fun.

I missed out the Super Mario 3 and World cartoons when they were on, though. Never seen those.

1 Like

I’m Norwegian, I was there, it was awesome!!

I must say I’m amazed that so little info has appeared on the internet from everything that happened there. Ron and Al were signing all kinds of stuff, games, c64s, amigas, Al was part of a concert where he played the Larry tune, and Ron was watching, while Shang Tsung from Mortal Kombat was dancing! :joy: I actually have a funny video of that. Maybe I’ll share it somewhere someday. :slight_smile:

Both Al and Ron had their own seminars, but they also had a joined one which was very funny, well, at least I thought it was funny since I’m also a coder. They just talked and talked about how they coded Monkey Island and Larry, it was hilarious! :rofl: (and probably a bit boring for those there that were not coders). :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

The expo filmed all the seminars so I was expecting to see something online, who knows, maybe it will get published some day… If not, I have a lot of videos and pictures myself I could dig up…

I’ve finished Thimbleweed Park in the easy mode, I guess I should spend some time and do it in hard now… After the expo I went all crazy and ordered a lot of Thimbleweed park stuff from fangamer, today the artbook arrived! :tada:

13 Likes

Thanks! We were waiting for such a report!

1 Like