SkateBIRD - in development game

Whether they are comparable depends a bit on how you think about games. They’re both action games about elegant, well-timed, fluid movement and combos. They feel fundamentally similar to me, and if you like THPS you might also like Bayonetta and DMC.

I’m not alone in thinking so; the developers even took it one step further by including a skateboard:

And through the magic of video editing you can take it full circle. :wink:

Be aware though that the THPS games are much better paced. There are tricks to unlock, but in the beginning the only fundamental thing holding you back is your own skills. DMC by contrast forces you to sit through up to 2 hours of super boring nonsense before the game starts resembling DMC. I consider that bad game design. In a game like THPS you’re told about the existence of tricks by the requisite tutorial-type stuff, but you can discover them by accident or just by messing around, or because you’ve already played the previous game. That sense of discovery is mostly lost in DMC5, but there’s still a brilliant game hiding behind various annoying (modern?) game design choices.

The next game could be “Devil May Screm.” :slight_smile:

it confuses me that the poor bird hits the ground… couldn’t it just land smoothly with just a few wing flaps? :thinking:

1 Like
  1. You’ve never seen a bird fall? :smiley:
  2. Couldn’t a soccer player just carry the ball in his hands? :wink:

As it turned out bird is just a word… and those creatures we are talking about are actually called birbs. :man_shrugging:

Sure. And it’s called American soccer or something like that.

2 Likes

There’s a new $60 reward tier with a physical reward, but (for Belgium) there’s an additional $10 for shipping.

Shipping will be probably cheaper since it (enamel pin) can be sent as a simple letter. Well, more for development of the game!

1 Like

There’s a new stretch goal for an outdoor skatepark. Fingers crossed. :slight_smile:

I don’t think I will ever be able to play this game without hearing this one song in my head! :dizzy_face:

1 Like

Here are a few songs I can’t help but hear in my head in combination with this game:

Nope. Doesn’t help. I can leave music running but as soon as I stop it…

PA PA OOM MOW M-MOW, PA PA PA OOM M-MOW MOW

1 Like

There seems to be a new $55k goal for tiny owls. I’m sticking with the pin though; quite enough money for me. :scream:

I’m sure someone must’ve put together THPS soundtrack playlists somewhere. :wink:

It’s grown on me with the André van Duin performance.

Then we went to PAX East 2019, and people liked all the physics goofs! Kids don’t know what THPS is, so their first reaction is “GOAT SIMULATOR!”. Which we weren’t expecting, but hey, whatever works!

I guess I can see that, but does that mean they’re mostly bug or just feature? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Alright, my pin was in the mail today!

2 Likes

Really nice!