(Spoilers) Getting the best ending in the game

"not Tim Schafer quality"
Uhhhh… that’s where you lost me.

I have to admit I hated the ending. It felt like what my English teacher told me when I wrote a story and put and then he woke up. But then I wrote it off to a hallucination Guybrush had.

I really loved TWP Ending, though there were a lot of loose ends and I hate those. I felt it was ironic that the characters became self aware and then instead of what you expect where fiction is wrapped up neatly with a bow(how I like it), there were lots of loose disjointed ends. But now I’ve had time to think about that it sort of makes sense that they were clues for us alluding to the ending. Like the fire in 1977 and the Newspaper from the sewer about it from 1972.

Also, if you view the game through a Twin Peaksy type lense it makes a lot more sense.

1 Like

I don’t think it is. I always thought that a McGuffin was an object used to propel the plot along. This is an exciting incident which usually appears (for tv or film) at 10 minutes in.

Where comes this from?

I thought the fire was in 1967 (20 years ago?) which was the same year the sentinent meteor crashed near Dr Fred´s house.

I listed some events here: Really well hidden endings
The fire was 20 years ago which probably means about 20 years ago.

1977 would be a bit too far off for that though.

Yes but it could be 1968 or something else.

I prefer to stick with the date of the meteor crash to be exactly 1967 because: 20 years ago today > Sgt Pepper told the band to play > Sgt Pepper´s released in 1967.

1 Like

There was a link in the old message you quoted. May I copy and paste the very first lines of the linked page?

Seems clear. And fitting.

Oh, and my post had @milanfahrnholz’s seal of approval (like). So our community considers it as law.
:wink:

2 Likes

I should do it like Colbert and declare law wearing a big furry hat.

Please, do that. It’s definitely time to change that avatar…
(actually seeing it’s more than a while you don’t change it, I’m concerned about your underwear)

:joy:

2 Likes
  1. I like it.
  2. It is actually based on a real photo of me
  3. Changing it year would mean I´d have to change it on Twitter, Google, Youtube, my PC, Steam and so many other profiles too. And that´s just too much work for me now.
1 Like
  1. Keeping that avatar prevents people making that recurrent joke about underwear still today…

pretty legit. Ok, keep it. I’ll like too your previous post as a sign of approval.

I know of gravatar and at this point that is still too much work.

I like it if people keep their avatar(s) because I can much faster recognize who wrote a (new) post. If one changes his avatar like other people their underwear, I have stop for a moment and ask myself “who the hell was that again?”

1 Like

Come on, Someone… it was just to poke nicely Milan about his past habit of changing avatars more often than girlfriends…

Was girlfriends the other thing?
Yes, I think it was.

1 Like

Agree!

Even though yours is generic is perfect for your name handle :slight_smile:

2 Likes

No, it wasn´t. :cry:

2 Likes