Thimbleweed Park cover art ( Pixel art tribute )

I hope you like my last illustration. A tribute to one of our favorite games.

All my Cover Arts Illustrations, here: :grinning:
[https://www.behance.net/gallery/53919647/Lucasfilm-adventure-games-cover-arts-in-Pixelart-Style]

15 Likes

Great one! I like it.

1 Like

Nice. Do you draw these by hand, or do you just rescale or process the original images through a pixalate filter?

1 Like

I donĀ“t use rescale process ( thatĀ“s a sacrilege :laughing: ). ItĀ“s all PIXEL BY PIXEL, using different brushes.
Thanks !

3 Likes

Awesome!!!

1 Like

Iā€™ll tell you why some people wonder if you have used/rescaled original art: itā€™s because of the background. :stuck_out_tongue:

The background (the deepest layer) is not really drawn pixel by pixel but, as you said, with a larger brush:

This technique (and your artistic sensibility) creates something that itā€™s very faithful to the original art, to the point that some people might hypothesize that you rescaled an existing background. Itā€™s another proof that you did a good job. :smiley:

2 Likes

Great work!

You will beat me for this, but the first five or six pics of your GIF reminds me of a Bob Ross videoā€¦ (ā€œTiny little treesā€¦ā€) :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Bob Ross ???

Oh, I love hisā€¦ hairā€¦ :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Thanks !!! :relaxed:

Then, great work! :+1:

1 Like

Great work!

(I also love rescaled stuff, by the way. A shitty drawing becomes decent when scaled down :slight_smile: )

1 Like