Anyone knows some games which help u to relax or calm down?

This somehow reminds me Oxenfree:
https://www.gog.com/game/oxenfree

I found it quite relaxing to play

1 Like

Today I remembered this thread while looking at my game shelf. (I look at it every morning and every evening because it’s next to my bed. I also look at it every time I go into the bedroom. Sometimes I go into the bedroom, just to look at my games. Ohhhhh, that’s relaxing! That’s comforting.)

What? Where were we? Oh yes.
And then I realized two games that were quite relaxing and not at all stressful:

1. Boku no natsuyasumi (series for PlayStation systems 1-3 and PSP) and
  2. Dokodemo Issho (series for PlayStation systems 1-3 and PSP)

They’re just so innocent and lovely.

1 Like

There was really no need for that second sentence, alas it´s too late now…

1 Like

I really wanted to make it crystal clear.

1 Like

It´s alright, when I´m not sleeping I also only get in my bedroom because all my books are there…and my clothes.

1 Like

So you don’t wear clothes until bedtime? :open_mouth:

1 Like

Us Ferengi women are prohibited to wear clothes at all!

2 Likes

It has that trippy quality about it, doesn’t it? Especially the “touch fizzy get dizzy” levels.

I play a game called EndlessSky, you can download it for free, it’s a remake of an old game called Escape Velocity. To make it short it’s a space exploration game where you are pretty much free to do whatever you want. If you play for a while you end up getting a spaceship strong enough to never be in serious danger and can wander in a beautful galaxy aimlessly just to see what happens. But a bit of Parliament-Funkadelic as your soundtrack and you get a pretty relaxing experience.

2 Likes

Maybe I should explain them further:

In the Japanese game Boku no Natsuyasumi (My Summer Holiday) you play a 9-year old boy in the 1980s who visits his relatives in a very rural environment far from Tokyo. His mother is going to give birth, so the parents want him out of the house. Uncle or Aunt lets the boy stay at their place, while father and mother are busy receiving the child.
However, the boy is busy with catching butterflies and fish, exploring the nature and the lake surroundings, goes swimming, plays games with new found friends, feeds the cows and chicken, and so on. You play 31 days and try to reveal a big “mystery”, like a pirate treasure that is said to be hidden somewhere nearby or such. It is very relaxing, there is no stress. Every day takes about 30 minutes to play. The graphics are very beautiful. Please look it up somewhere.

The second game, Dokodemo Issho (Always together), is also Japanese, and I played it on PSP. You have a talking pet (frog, rabbit, dog, robot and cat) and you teach it words that the pet will use in future conversations. The pet friend asks you questions, like what kind of food would you eat on a boat cruise in summer, and the answer to that will come up later again. So if you answered melon, maybe it will come up as “The other day I went to a souvenir shop, and they had melon in a can!” Funny, right? Also, there is no pressure, just conversation.

Do you know them?

1 Like

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.zplay.beatracer

It’s good.

the most relaxing game, hands down, is “Milkmaid of the Milky Way”:

5 Likes

This is even more relaxing:

3 Likes

We finally have a DRM free version?

1 Like

Yes, it was released one month ago:

2 Likes

that looks pretty cool! gonna have to add it to “the list”

1 Like

Not clear to me whether all content hosted by itch.io is DRM free? Is that the case?

1 Like

The author, MachineBoy, is very talented. I wish he could make a living doing adventure games. (hence my other thread)

3 Likes

I haven’t found a game on Itch.io that has DRM. But I don’t know if that is a requirement forced by Itch.io.

1 Like

itch.io doesn’t enforce any DRM, it basically lets you download the files how they were uploaded by the creators.

itch.io is mostly used for DRM-free software (and other kind of assets) but creators can theoretically use any kind of (standalone) DRM.
Or format your drive etc. :slight_smile:

3 Likes