Are TWP players young and where are the older players?

I’ll make my mom and my mother-in-law play it when we finish the dubbing project. I’m sure they’ll appreciate it.

2 Likes

Thanks @everyone.

1 Like

Don’t discriminate against my dad!

Just like most people who watch Ducktales. (My wife says: how many 8 year olds do you hang out with?)

Linux from GOG. I note that with the addition of my vote, Linux is a whopping 20%. :wink:

Congrats!

4 Likes

We are only 14 voters, so the result is not representative for the players of TWP as a whole, of course. It only might be representative for the most frequent users here in the forums.
I agree with Sushi: Most of us might be Monkey Island fans. I’m convinced that those who played these games as a teenager (or even when they were younger) might be the most passionate fans of MI, MM, Zak, etc. Therefore, it’s clear why most people here are between 40 and 20 years old. Also, people older than us might not be as active on the web as we use to be. For this reason, I doubt that the poll result really does tell us anything about the audience of TWP.

Seeing the fact that TWP was not available yet for mobile devices and consoles (except Xbox) back when that poll was carried out, it might be interesting to do a new poll for this question, in order to see how many people actually played the game on the respective platform. But, it won’t be representative for the entire audience of the game either.

1 Like

Luckily people like @tasse-tee , @PiecesOfKate and @Frenzie prove that even at a later age (and years after the release) games like MM, Zak and the likes are still capable of creating new fans on their own merits!

:joy:

4 Likes

You are doing Ransome if I remember well? :smiley:

1 Like

And don’t forget the Ransome lookalike! :smile:

3 Likes

21% with mine. Are people that did not grow up with DOS/Windows as the dominant platform more likely to use alternatives?

I grew up on DOS/3.1/98, ftr.

Do you think so? My choice wouldn’t be different … :slight_smile:

Happy birthday!

1 Like

After 25 votes it’s clear that we are all over 16. So can we have sex, drugs and Rock’n’Roll, @discobot fortune

1 Like

:crystal_ball: Outlook good

6 Likes

@discobot fortune

Does that mean you secretly work for Microsoft?

:crystal_ball: Concentrate and ask again

@discobot fortune

Why, do you think I´m stupid?

:crystal_ball: Cannot predict now

@discobot fortune

Would an Abraham Lincoln help your memory? :moneybag:

:crystal_ball: Ask again later

@discobot fortune

Will you take my money now?