Art History (Painters)

I’m not into art specifically. If I’d have to name a favourite, it might currently be Roy Lichtenstein, and years ago it had been Franz Marc. I enjoy looking at paintings in museums, though.

The only “paintings” that decorate our walls are a cheap poster of Van Gogh’s Almond Blossom we picked up in Amsterdam, and an original Korean ink-painting. The rest is made up of our own photographies. (I’d also love to frame my collection of Ultima cloth maps, but neither do they qualify as art, nor would my wife be happy if I did :slight_smile:.)

1 Like

I think that’s how it goes with “favorite” anything. Because it’s a question people keep asking you just pick something. For example, for several years I said Once Upon a Time in the West was my favorite movie. Now of course I think it’s a rather good movie, but saying it’s my favorite was a kind of white lie.

Unfortunately I forgot the name of this nice impressionist painter I saw at an exhibition in Liège. I have it written down somewhere though…

On our living room wall we have a piece of street art from Italy. It’s like a scifi landscape type thing.

In the bedroom we had a cloth painting of wajang puppets on the wall, but I had to take it down because kitten Leksi jumped up on it and started a tear. Which is especially annoying because it’s a family heirloom of sorts, taken back home from Indonesia by a captain forefather.

But yeah, I like the regular ones everyone likes a lot as well, like Monet, Van Gogh, and Mondria(a)n. The Kröller-Müller Museum is somewhat out of the way, but definitely worth checking out. (Speaking of which, I’ve never taken my wife there…)

2 Likes

This is directly above my monitor now, I can see it when I´m looking up right now!

3 Likes

Another wall.

Zdzisław Beksiński’s famous Trumpeter.

3 Likes

Oh yes, I suppose I should share my Italian street art.

5 Likes

And another:

Cyclops by Odilon Redon

Also, door posters!

2 Likes

This art is dark and full of Vergangenheitsbewältigung

1 Like

Couldn´t have choosen a better leanword than that! :sweat_smile: