Best PnC adventure games of all times

I stumbled upon this article, today, and want to share it with you.
Altough the first 11 positions are not suprisingly, there are a few unexpected entries, near the end of the list.
I will overlook the fact that one very important entry is missing :broken_heart: .
Please take a look…

3 Likes

For example? :slight_smile: Pajama Sam?

They aren’t very surprising, IMHO – they are classics too. Especially Pajama Sam was/is a great adventure game for children.

I don’t like those lists anyway, because each of us has a different list. I don’t think that one is able to create a “best PnC adventure” list that is impartial.

1 Like

Well, I didn’t expect to find Ace Attorney in a “point and click adventure games”.
The other one is Thimbleweed Park almost at the end. :neutral_face:

1 Like

Yeah, I don’t get it either, The Dig is great.

2 Likes

OK, two entries, then! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Oh yes, how could I forget Flight Of The Amazon Queen!

2 Likes

It’s very interesting to see that if you ask somebody to name a great PnC game, he/she/it will name in most cases an old game (before the year 2000) – and TWP. :wink:

But what about “new” games? I had great fun with “The Inner world”, “Machinarium” and “The Whispered World”, for example. And I would consider them to be part of the 28 best PnC games.

Because we’re old people with no time to play anymore, so we all made a big exception for TWP but apart from that the old school games are the only one we could enjoy :sob:

6 Likes

1 Like

The author of the article is 33 years old. So it’s likely that he hasn’t played Maniac Mansion or Monkey Island back then… :wink:

I would guess that some games are just said to be classics, so they are classics in the brain of a lot of people. :wink:

1 Like

Oxenfree and Wolf Among Us are some top notch recent stuff.

1 Like

The whole list felt a bit like the LucasArts and Telltale catalogues and then some random stuff to end up with a nice number … or whatever.

But yeah, unless it’s a list of every P&C adventure, people will always find something missing, me included. And probably otherwise too.

What I find perhaps the most interesting is that they’re still making those lists. I only scrolled over the entries, so no idea how much work went into the article, but as its far from the only recent publication in that area, it’s a sign to me that those games are still cherished and that there’s still an audience for them.

3 Likes

Because it’s clickbait. Like the 10 funniest hot dogs.

You are able to write such lists within minutes and they will generate a lot of clicks. Because everyone would like to know if “their” games are on the list.

6 Likes

#5 is the funniest one :smiley:

1 Like