Can we talk about the Thimbleweed Park Intro?

You can find all of them here:

2 Likes

Being electro-magnetic signals, that actually makes sense!

I bet when you play Zak McKracken (or Kaz NekcarkCm) backwards it must say something like this:

It wouldn’t be a TWP post if it didn’t get off topic. :smiley:

It could be that the larger surface area of the gate is what’s being gently blown in the wind providing just enough movement to rattle the lock and chain

Though I do like the electromagnetic idea

1 Like

Especially since the red light is flashing in a periodic (the same?) fashion too. If it were on the whole time, the lock would just point one direction (balanced only by gravity)

In reality, I think a full screen animation was too expensive and a cutscene with actors, not introduced yet, not very effective (it is a semi deserted town after all). Probably the initial trials proved too static, so the lock is just adding some movement. Could have equally been some paper blown along the highway, or trash being thrown out of a car - which would make a nice transition to the opening scene with Boris.

1 Like

So after all the talk, I decided today to make a “Title Sequence” for TWP, hope you enjoy it.

2 Likes

If you look at the bushes by the Bridge, you’ll see that some of them are also blowing in the breeze, so maybe there was wind all along…

4 Likes