Common translation problems

Actually, I thought “Brothers” in 11072 in Delores minigame was probably a mistake because the other newspaper headlines mentioned evens from the Delores timeline but later I realized that it could be regarded as one of the glitches where the TWP timeline shines through. :grinning:

1 Like

Stumbled across this too and also decided to go with the Art text. Although I don’t like the german translation in the Art.

Who addresses his customers with “hey, D!”
So at least in Delores, you can go with informal.
Or if you like switch to formal after Delores tells him to use her full name…

1 Like

What about the “Art by el tron”?

Choose some other letters from “Smart Buy Electronics” that make some other vague sense in your language and redraw backgrounds…? (Muy Tron, Mabel Tron, Sable Tron)

There’s a topic about that: The meaning of "Eltron"

I thought it was (programmer) art by ALT-Ron
(Like De-low-res)

1 Like

I think everyone’s considered a Ron connection. :sunglasses:

We left it unchanged, it’s a name.

Yeah, I won’t touch it. It stays as it is.

…oh.

Now I understand.

I feel stupid.

“Art by el tron” is something Mark put in. I have no idea if it had meaning to him. I think we asked about it, but I forget the outcome. Knowing Mark, it probably did, but I wasn’t involved.

4 Likes

Probably nothing more than a clever notice from Mark, that “Smart Buy Electronics” has a TRON in it, and after that just dropping some letters to create a funny sentence. “Artificially created art”.

1 Like

That’s how I’ve always read it, but who knows, there might be a deeper meaning. :smiley:

1 Like

But there is always a deeper meaning!!!111eleven!!!

https://image.stern.de/6464384/large1x1-940-940/2b1f9a30a1d91e9a9817b25c8050e671/Cu/aluhuttraeger-istock.jpg

1 Like

Case Conversation Delores and Coroner:

• I chose formal speak from Delores to Coroner
  • But informal speak from Coroner to Delores

This is quite common in Germany, that young people use formal speak when talking to elder people, while these (probably because of their age and wisdom) handle younger people like childs and use informal language. Opinions?

1 Like

Agree. But as Delores has a job at LucasFlem I would guess that she is (older than) 18.

How is this handled in the German translation of TWP? (I can’t remember at the moment…)

I thought Delores was early to mid 20s, whether back home from college or just having stuck around.

1 Like

Yep, same here. :slight_smile:

Originally she applied for the job “a few years” before 1987.
She may have been at full age at this time already… but then on the other hand it’s the eighties and child labor is a viable way to keep costs down so she could by anything :slight_smile:

1 Like