Edible Games Cookbook

A lot of people in this forum know @Jenn creates edible games.

She has just launched a Kickstarter campaign for a cookbook so people can make (and play) her games themselves!

The most important thing: Every chapter begins with stating the baking difficulty of that game :woman_cook:

9 Likes

“Edible Games” Cookbook or Edible “Games Cookbook”? :thinking:

I fear I´m this close to spoil a classic Twilight Zone for @piecesofkate

2 Likes

Then maybe you shouldn’t @ her in your post…?

#nothingisanaccident

1 Like

Well OK, then what about an Edible James Cook book? Is this better? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Yes, fun fact: James Cook was eaten by cannibals.

1 Like

Just you shush now!

I’ve got a whole bag of shhhh! here.
Once I had a dog and his name was shhh!
Shhh!
That was a pre-emptive shhh!

1 Like

To be fair, I could spoil it for you but as they say “the Simpsons already did it”. :man_shrugging:

Shhh!

Ow stop, why you´re trying to bite me??!

That wasn’t Kate, that was the dog named Shhh! Kate was trying to call him back!

3 Likes

Actually, he was thought to have been eaten. The tradition says so, but if I recall well, now the belief is that the historical truth might have been different.

I like the overall story that they were thought to be gods and then left but had to come back due to a storm which made island´s inhabitants skeptic enough to angrily kill them all(eaten or not). But even that story seems to be not entirely true.

I have the remembrance of another explorer getting married with a princess from a pacific island… and then he was eaten by her. Is that a fake memory? Maybe you can help me? Do you remember something like that?

That sounds like a mixture of the fate of crew of the Bounty and a Tales From The Crypt Episode.

I probably messed with characters.
There was a prince, who was the chief of the island of Rarotonga.
There was an explorer who discovered the island with its prince on it.
There was a wife of an explorer, but she came with the ship, and then stayed as the prince’s meal.

Source: Wiki page for “Cook Islands”

1 Like

Hmh…

“How to cook Cook - The cookbook for the Cook Islands cook”

2 Likes

How is this not in the Phatt Island library? :joy:

2 Likes

@RonGilbert Please, feel free to take notes for MI3a…

2 Likes

Sorry, that story is mentioned in the italian Wiki page only, and not in the English one. But I’ve found a very exhaustive description of the events here:

http://www.jps.auckland.ac.nz/document//Volume_71_1962/Volume_71%2C_No._1/Rarotongan_sandalwood%3A_The_visit_of_Goodenough_to_Rarotonga_in_1814%2C_by_H._E._Maude_and_Marjorie_Tuainekore_Crocombe%2C_p_32-56/p1

I’m too tired to read all of this now, but I find somehow funny that the Captain’s name was “Goodenough”, his wife’s name was “Butcher” and they were eaten in “Cook” islands.

I hope this could be of some interest for anybody.