Ransome's colleagues game: which adventure games do you recognize? [GAME OVER]

I think that this will be the last game from me done in the summer, I’ll wait for the forums to become a bit more active, presumably after August. :slight_smile:

Here is the game explained: I show you 12 images of clowns and jesters taken from adventure games and for each of them you tell me IN WHICH GAME they appear.

Rules

1. Send to me a SINGLE :arrow_forward: PRIVATE :arrow_backward: message containing all your answers. Multiple messages will be ignored, only the first one counts.

2. Whoever guesses the highest quantity of games, wins.

3. In case of a draw, whoever was quicker to send me the answers wins.

4. Please, DON’T write in this public thread which games you recognize nor write other comments that could help other people.

5. You have 48 hours to send me your answers.

Prize

The winner will get the adventure game “Samorost 2”. You will need to give an email address to Humble Bundle and they will give you a Steam Key or MAYBE (I’m not sure) also a way to download the game from Humble Bundle servers.

Send in the clowns!

1:

2:

3:

4:

5:

6:

7:

8:

9:

10:

11:

12:

Bonus (just for fun and chats, guessing this one doesn’t increase your score):

1 Like

Looking forward to whatever happens then. Though you can probably forget about me from october onwards when the SNES Mini comes out…

Ransome´s wife/mistress? Is it some form of racism to just assume that clowns can only be with other clowns? I´m I being clownist, here?

We don’t know. I have seen her referenced simply as “Clown girl”. Maybe she was Ransome’s girlfriend. It might have been an interesting character.

Might have made for an interesting twist that she´s the only person he acts submissive towards.

Clown Girl: “Ransome, you come home NOW!”
:ransome: " >Sigh< Oh…okay…"

Wrote my answer.
I’m unsure on three of them…

I own that game already, so I won’t participate. :slight_smile: I’m able to identify 8 games. 3 other look familiar, but I can’t name the game yet …

Sent my answers… Some were pretty difficult (5 and 12)!

Would the following one have been a difficult one if it was included in the game? :slight_smile:

looks real to me, so yes!
OTOH, I am surprised you did not include another particular jester I won’t disclose to not tip off anyone while the game is still open

Well, I have found several more adventure games with clowns and jesters than those that I used in this game, so I might create a second round of this in the future!

1 Like

The game has now ended. Thanks to those who have participated! :slight_smile:

I thought that this game would have been slightly easier than the previous one but it turned out that, actually, it was way easier than the sidekick game. Probably the high percentage of Lucas games (plus a game by Ron Gilbert) made it a bit too easy.

Here are the answers:

1:

#1 was a place in “Sanitarium”.

2:

#2 was the sign of Ransome’s circus in “Thimbleweed Park”.

3:

#3 was a guest at the Mardi Gras party of Elaine Marley, in “Monkey Island 2: LeChuck’s Revenge”.

4:

#4 was “Oozo the Clown” in “Day of the Tentacle”. He loves to get punched

5:

#5 was “Grudges the Clown” in “Fester Mudd: Curse of the Gold - Episode 1: A Fistful of Pocket Lint”. Grudges works in a shop that sells balloons and guns.

6:

#6 was “Clown Bot” in “Detective Case and Clown Bot in: Murder in the Hotel Lisbon”.

7:

#7 was “Sadwick”, the protagonist of “The Whispered World”.

8:

#8 was “Dropsy”, of the eponymous game.

9:

#9 was a clown in “Broken Sword: The Shadow of the Templars”. I will not be more specific to avoid spoilers.

10:

#10 was a clown at the “Dia de los muertos” festival in “Grim Fandango”.

11:

#11 was “Spike the Clown” in “Toonstruck”.

12:

#12 was “Jolly Rover”, the father of the protagonist of the game “Jolly Rover”.

Bonus:

The “bonus” character appeared on the development blog of Thimbleweed Park but it wasn’t used in the game.

And the winner is…

Click HERE to reveal the winner

Sushi ! :trophy:

Congratulations to @Sushi for his excellent score: 10/12!

I’ll write him a private message containing the link to get “Samorost 2”. :slight_smile:

Sushi is male? (I’s a name for girls…)

Actually, I have no idea. I have always considered it a name for fish.

That assumption surprised me, too!

I always believed that Zak´s Sushi was a she. Though on top of my head I´m not sure if he ever refers to her as such.

Same here. Maybe @David and @Sushi can solve these mysteries. :slight_smile:

Well, Wikipedia states “Goldfish may only grow to sexual maturity with enough water and the right nutrition.” and a fishbowl doesn’t provide enough space, so I’ll surmise that the gender of this specific fish doesn’t matter very much.

I´m pretty sure it´s partly a reference to it´s setting in San Francisco which due to it´s high asian population is overcrowded with east asian cusine (this of course is the place where chop suey was invented) which of course also includes japanese (and the fact that it´s funny that you name your pet goldfish after a meal).

Are you implying that you believe that you don´t have a gender before you hit puberty?

I’m implying that some species of fish change their gender over time, so the gender that they have before reaching sexual maturity might not be the final one.

I’m pretty sure Sushi is a female. Her name is due to Zak’s warped sense of humor to name his pet fish after a raw fish meal. I know he’d never actually eat her (though you can force him to kill her in a couple of thoroughly disgusting ways).

3 Likes