Favorite non-Lucas point-and-click adventure games

Oh no, we’ve all fallen for this trick question!

4 Likes

Edna & Harvey was hilarious (at least the German version).

You could combine nearly everything with everything and got a funny response. E.g., you could “improve” the desk with more than 10 different items (ketchup, fork, pen, …). Or try “Use lighter with moon”.

1 Like

When I first read this post, (obviously, without thinking very hard) I assumed it was a Haiku. Hmm… That would be interesting, come up with a Haiku using nothing but Adventure game titles.

4 Likes

LOL
(more text to make it up to 20 chars)

That’s a great idea, you should open a new topic about it!

I would participate in a sort of community-wide adventure-inspired poetry exhibition. :smiley:

1 Like

The Longest Journey:
Full Throttle
To The Moon

4 Likes

I strongly recommend this game: Fran Bow
One of the best experiences with a graphic adventure I ever had.

3 Likes

It looks quite horror/scary/splatter to me.
Am I wrong?

You are right.

“Fran Bow is a creepy adventure game that tells the story of Fran, a young girl struggling with a mental disorder and an unfair destiny.”

2 Likes

This upcoming graphic adventure based on “The Pilars of The Earth” looks fantastic: The Pillars Of The Earth from Daedalic

1 Like

Last year I played a game called Lakeview Cabin Collection.

It´s an episodic puzzle game with pixel graphics that is based on horror movies of the 70s and 80s.
Episode 3 is based on Friday the 13th, Episode IV is based on the Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Episode V is based on films like Halloween and Nightmare On Elm Street and Episode V is based on both Aliens and The Thing.

You walk around switch between characters, pick up and use stuff and will probably often die most horribly. Also the style of gameplay changes slightly between Episodes and some of the puzzles are insanely cryptic. But I had a lot of fun trying stuff and it´s based on a free Flash Game that you can check out if you like, also the main game is currently on sale.

http://www.lakeviewcabingame.com/

https://gamejolt.com/games/lakeview-cabin/18469 (the free flashgame)

Daedalic, the company that produced Deponia.

Definitely not suitable for young kids. It scares me when I see kids cosplaying Fran :open_mouth:

And Memoria :slight_smile:

Though Pillars of the Earth is going to be more similar to the Telltale style adventures, not as point-n-clicky as their previous titles. There are a number of previews around, for those that want to form an early opinion.

Now, I personally am much more looking forward to their upcoming The Devil’s Men. It’s the new title by the author of Memoria, so I have high hopes for that one!

1 Like

The Journey Down
The third and last chapter will be released at end of this year.

2 Likes

I enjoyed playing The Journey Down 1 & 2 on the iPad. Good length story, good humor, mostly rational puzzle design.

I played the demo, it seemed great, but… extremely creepy :stuck_out_tongue: a bit too much for my tastes.

1 Like

basically all those from Charles Cecil: Lure of the Temptress, Beneath a Steel Sky, Broken Sword 1 & 2… La abadia del Crimen from Menendez and Delcan. Also Samorost from Amanita Design, even if I played only the demo, it’s definitely worth a try, rescuing the little dog, in fantastic settings…

1 Like

So many people like Grim Fandango that I tried it again yesterday. I could not get past the third location. I can’t force myself to like the graphics style…

1 Like

Didn’t you already try ReShade with TWP? Maybe there is a way to make Grim Fandango look pixelated with its help, would that improve the graphics for you?

1 Like