GOG Achievements

Hello devs,

is there any timeline where GOG achievements are planned? The latest info I found is from end of March 2017, where it states:

The GOG version won’t have achievements, at least not on day one. We might go back and add them, but there wasn’t enough time. Other than that, they are exactly the same.
Statement by Ron Gilbert

I know, this is low priority but for DRM reasons I always prefer using GOG over Steam. I could of course replay the Steam version, but my home is GOG.

Of course I don’t know how different the API is and how much effort it is to create the achievements in the different platforms. Judging by the post about release with the different sizes for all the store front graphics it might not be that trivial. :sweat_smile:

I hope to add GOG achievements, but we’re really busy with iOS/Android/PS4/Switch that I don’t have the time. Once all that is done, I’ll look at it. Could be a few months.

3 Likes

I know that Steam supports some sort of framework for this, does GoG offer the same? Or do you have to code it from scratch?

GOG has a framework, very similar to Steams. It’s not hard to do, it’s just some work and a bunch of QA. When we have some free time we’ll do it. Cloud saves on GOG as well.

1 Like

Gotcha! No worries, and no rush. I should hope you guys get to take a break at some point. :slight_smile:

dZ.

Hi Ron, is there any word on setting up cloud saves on GOG? It’s been a while since it was last mentioned.

Thanks for the great game!

Hi Ron,
With the recent release of Delores: A Thimbleweed Park Mini-Adventure on steam, can we dream of un updated GOG version of Thimbleweed Park with GOG achievements and cloud save support ? (P.S : and a release of the Delores stand alone adventure on GOG as well).

Thanks in advance and keep up the good work!

Regards