Guga's Adventure Game Thread

consider the exclamation mark!

But what about the poor question mark?

Since he doesn’t believe he’s dead. Consider changing “Of course you are” to “Yeah, right!”

It’s really funny so far.

I meant it as “of course you are (dressed as it)”, maybe I’ll rephrase it to make it clearer that he means the costume. Maybe an extra line before the “DUH”

“Man, this party sucks”

“Limbo: the lamest party”

:smile:

Or the ellipsis…

1 Like

I like the glow and how it lights up the hood sometimes!
All character animation is really cool too!

Nitpicks: the text goes a bit too fast sometimes - especially the timing on the scene where he finally crosses the road and says something about not being able to see a thing through those sheets.
No music? No voice-acting? :grin:

As for the puzzles: I had the halo right from the first time - but since Darryl wouldn’t let me pass, I started trying random other stuff.
No idea why the solution acceptance is influenced by the coffee? So I felt a bit cheated when in the end I tried submitting the same solution and now it was good enough - especially since I tried all the other colors/no color too even if it didn’t make sense.
Cheated by death!

I also found a bug in the first room where the character does a :man_shrugging: and changes T-shirt color (to something red/brownish) and perhaps even gets other hair (woman?) . No idea how I triggered it - I was trying to close the game while running it on 320x200

Oh… that’s the Kill Yourself guy :laughing: I forgot to turn off the old idle animation.

The text too fast in that particular scene is on purpose. Do you think death waits for you to finish your sentence when a car runs you over? For all other times, I’ll add the options screen in the final game.

The halo puzzle needs to be clearer. The guy with the glasses should tell you he can’t see you because of the fog, but now he just ignores you. I’ll change it.

Plus, shouldn’t he say that he “clearly” sees that’s not a halo?

It was funny when he didn’t cross the road and said “now all I need is to cross the road” :or something like that :slight_smile: You totally know what’s coming :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Except he doesn’t wear glasses… so it’s still a bit far fetched.

I tried using the red marker on the door too to obstruct his clear view… so I was on the right track after that “clearly”. But if anything, coffee would keep him awake and alert, so I never would have expected that result.

To make this work, you could have
that other guy comment something about this coffee being special and never cooling off and always fogs up his glasses.
And have Darryl step up to the door with the cup in his hand, a small animation on the window fogging up and him asking “Halt! Who’s there?”

I’ll redesign it if I have time. I only have 6 days to go and I have all the main part to implement and draw :stuck_out_tongue: plus, my daughter is sick so she’ll stay home from school the next three days, meaning I’ll have even less time to work on it.

Meanwhile, I lose time drawing backgrounds.

But I’m quite proud of this shore.

5 Likes

Seems the mouse cursor isn’t working under Wine, but what little I’ve seen is excellent. The posters on the wall are spot on and the dialog is funny. Already loved the video of death you posted earlier.

1 Like

Ahahahah ah ahahahah hah ahahahah
Ahah
Ahahah hahaha haha
Uhuhuhuuahahaha

caron

Caron and the river Acheron are ready!

Maybe I should animate the vest too, but let’s leave it like this

6 Likes

Why his red eyes aren’t glowing nor blinking?

(i’m joking!)

It took me 2 steps: On the first one, I had a full glowing halo, and it was too suspicius to the Grim Reaper!

Amazing! You need to draw the map of my gameee :disappointed_relieved:

Speaking of maps, here’s the map screen of the second part.

There’ll be just three locations but hey, why not

4 Likes

I’m decent at pixel art, but your art style is out my league :stuck_out_tongue: