Guga's Adventure Game Thread

It’s because of all the bodybuilding, it gave me a steady hand.

It’s not a matter of bodybuilding, it’s a matter of tecnique! :muscle:

1 Like

Right! How could I forget :smile:

1 Like

Shouldn’t that be Charon? At least in English. (Reminds me of a doomed software project that we aptly named after him. Sunk halfway across the Styx :wink: )

3 Likes

The “H” letter is mute.

OK, Zack Poenix McKraken… the C’s and H’s are mute, right? :wink:

4 Likes

4 days to go, and I’m finding a good pace now.

I finalized the puzzles (they’re awful), I miss one room background and a couple of inventory items. I’ll probably draw an extra character for the ending. I need to implement a bunch of interactions to make the game completable, but I’m spending my time writing the jokes first :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ll have no music, but I’d like to add sound.

5 Likes

If you say it loud, it is even more awkward. :smiley:

Don’t you have an old midi file from a past project? So that you don’t have to make too many sounds.
A silent game is unacceptable, but some music can save the situation.

If you have the time, make some body parts that can randomly float on the water from time to time.

1 Like

That’s actually a good idea.

The game’s ready! More or less. I implemented everything, I think. This evening I’ll play it a bit and then tomorrow I’ll give it to you for a playtest :smiley: then it’s music and sounds and possibly some extra animations!

6 Likes

Maybe Payne should call him Penis Wright…

Penis? Right!

The game’s ready! More or less.

If you want to playtest it, I’d be happy.

I have three days for sound, music and small changes. Maybe some extra animation.

There are three different endings, so make sure you save (F5) before getting on board with Charon if you want to watch them all :smiley:

7 Likes

I fixed a couple of things. If you download the new version (same link) and want to play it again, your savegames are worth nothing :smiley:

The new version is awful, I left lots of debug things and it breaks when you enter a room. In 30 minutes I’ll put a new one

EDIT: it took me less, it’s now online.

3 Likes

nice to meet you Karen :smile:

1 Like

Eheh, glad you have discovered the Easter Egg!

that’s not the easter egg, but I know what you are talking about :slight_smile:

1 Like

“where the hell are we?”

“hell? no, that’s beyond those mountains” :smile:

Well done! I finished it 4 times to get all the different endings

You might want to proofread some of the dialogue for errors, in the final scene : “… IS still makes no sense.”

2 Likes