Quiz: Name that game!

I figured it is high time to post my overdue quiz. Rather than screenshots/characters or details from games like @LowLevel used to do, these are all artistic impressions done by one of my kids at age 5 or 6 years old.

I might throw in a few extra, more recent ones later, but at the risk that no one here is left to join the quiz… (@PiecesOfKate, @milanfahrnholz… you still there?), better to kick it off with these three.

Rules are :

• for each picture, you need to guess what (adventure) game it is
  • the same game may be the correct answer for more than 1 picture.
  • Additional questions may be added by me until November 15th (depending on said offspring’s artistic output) !!
  • PM me your answers before 1st of December 2019
  • since questions may be added, you can update your guesses until 1st of December 2019. But only your latest guess will count!
  • I will announce the correct answers, the winner and price afterwards before 2020 rolls around.
  • relatives of mine are not eligible to win a price, obviously
  • bribes may be considered, however :wink:

7 Likes

Great Idea! And it’s not that easy - at least for me. :slight_smile:

Yeah, where are you? We are missing you all! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well, if you’re showing bad NES titles…

Or to put it another way, can these be any games or just adventure games?

I think I got #2. The others are… whoa. Nice drawings though :laughing:

2 Likes

The second picture had me wondering whether there’s a video game adaptation of The Haunting of Hill House.

No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality; even larks and katydids are supposed, by some, to dream. Hill House, not sane, stood by itself against its hills, holding darkness within; it had stood so for eighty years and might stand for eighty more.

Same here. :slight_smile:

It is a safe bet to say they are all adventure games. (See rules)

2 Likes

I imagine I sent in the same guess too. Still, I like the Ghidora idea. :stuck_out_tongue:

Ok, #2 features a three headed monkey, so it’s easy.
Let me guess…
#1: those circles look like tables, with knives and forks. But I can’t figure out which adventure game could be.
#3: maybe… Machinarium

1 Like

Don’t give too much hints if you would like to win. :wink:

2 Likes

@ZakPhoenixMcKracken @Someone My theories for the third were going in the same direction. But more generic like Samarost/Machinarium/Chuchel. Seemed like a bit of a dead end though. :slight_smile:

The first looks a bit like https://osmos-game.com/ (not an adventure)

2 Likes

#2 is basically a screenshot from the game, but the other two… no idea.

4 Likes

The idea is to not spoil anything for the others (aka reduce your own odds at winning).

Confusing everyone with misleading theories about the games is highly encouraged however! :joy:

So far: no one has guessed everything right, but all pictures have been guessed correctly at least ones when I combine all the answers here and in the tens of PMs I received so far.

Clarification to the rules: Only answers by PM will be taken into account.

2 Likes

And the correct answers are:

1. Loom (those are 4 letters and you can make out some eyes on the right)
  2. The Secret of Monkey Island (vegetarian cannibals, three-headed monkey, prison hut with barricaded door and a banana picker!)
  3. Machinarium, basically a picture perfect reproduction of this scene:
    … but in a partially solved/spoiler state with the wire
5 Likes

Oh, man! Yes! :man_facepalming:

1 Like

Did your kids already play ZMKATAM?
I’m curious to see their drawings :smiley:

2 Likes

Zak McKraken And The Artificial Monster? :thinking:

1 Like

How many got the 3 right?

Aboo Monster!

1 Like

I knew the first two but had no idea about the third one.

The thing on the right could have been a tree too but I was leaning towards a tower-thingy. I just couldn’t think of anything with towers except TWP and Full Throttle.

1 Like