Has TWP changed your life in some way?

I would like to know if you have integrated some sentences from TWP into your life. For example do you use the term “the signals are strong tonight” regularly? Or do you add a “-a-reno” to some words?

Or has TWP changed your life in a more dramatic way? For example are you starting a discussion about the toilet paper orientation on parties? Or are you searching for specs of dust (maybe because you see them everywhere)?

1 Like

If anyone was around to get the references, I would. But I didn’t manage to convince my friend-a-reno to play it :confused:

3 Likes

And what about yourself? For example if you are cleaning your house, haven’t you thought “oh, a speck of dust”? Or something like this. :slight_smile:

1 Like

It has.

Well, first of all it’s still keeping me busy with the dubbing thing, refreshing my love for acting. I agreed to read a couple of fairy tales at my daughter’s school just because I loved the idea of acting again in front of someone (the kids were very happy about my performance).

Secondly, it gave new life to my interest in making adventure games (oh, if only @RonGilbert released the TWP Engine…). But this will remain on the side until we finish the dubbing project.

And… well, it made me meet @Ema and @ZakPhoenixMcKracken. It was the first time in ten years that I met someone I only knew online, so it made me feel young again. Looking forward to meet other forumers too :smiley:

9 Likes

I can second this: Especially after reading the development blog I would love to develop an own adventure game engine. I definitely need more spare time! (Maybe we should work together :wink: )

3 Likes

I swear a lot more… does that count too?

4 Likes

And I have never spent so much time talking to complete strangers before. And after a year, I’m still hanging out here… so
:heart: y’all, you guys and gals!
(some more than others -you know who you are- but let’s not get OT)

4 Likes

There are plenty of adventure engines available right now. Even if Ron releases TWP, I think it will be only useful for guys who know how to code.

1 Like

Well, there is one simple way that TWP changed my life: I can’t really enjoy other adventure games. Damn you, Ron Gilbert.

7 Likes

Or how to Squirrel, anyway. :wink:

It looks to me like Lua with a more C-like syntax. Nothing particularly challenging.

1 Like

A year?

Sushi-san, it’s almost three years since I read you for the first time in 2015 on TWP dev blog, if I remember well… :yum:

3 Likes

The only squirrel I know is interested in peanuts, not games. : ) Anyway, I’m sure it’s easy for you, if you’re into that kind of stuff, but for someone who’s just into game design this is a whole new world to explore.

1 Like

Yes, but I would like to develop an engine for my own and my needs. :slight_smile:

1 Like

yes, but on the blog, we weren’t interacting in the same way. It was more polite/distant and harder to track conversations too (until nor treblig’s greasy monkey script).

I followed the blog from day 1, by the way. Posted first time after some days/weeks - which I also never did before, so that is also something TWP has changed in my life.

5 Likes

TWP has given me the opportunity to meet Ron Gilbert in person, one of the two persons I wanted to meet in my life, and for me absolutely impossible to meet.
The other person I would like to meet is David Fox :blush:

8 Likes

TWP has given me chance to appreciate Pixel art… I could talk to Ron (Although not in person)
I could talk to such awesome people in this Forum. Me and my sister always keep saying ‘Nice name for a town!’ when we visit a new town. And I have kept the Hotel Elevator music as my phone’s ringtone. TWP has introduced me to many old games like The Monkey Island and Maniac Mansion…etc.
Thanks.

7 Likes

Maybe when they are promoting TWP2?

That’s why I want that engine :stuck_out_tongue: otherwise I’ll just make my own, but having something ready and made by the adventure game guru is definitely better. And better anyway than all other engines I tried.

3 Likes

I feel awesome every time I think about how I contributed two of the “books” in the library. It’s a blast having a teeny tiny part of a real Ron Gilbert/Gary Winnick/David Fox adventure game.

1 Like

Hehe, that’s pretty neat! I reckon I probably spent a few hours browsing the library and the book store.