Interviews & videos with the devs :delores:

I just want to add a link to this article:

which seemed quite interesting to me because it gives a quick key to the reading for the development of a point and click adventure game like Thimbleweed Park into the context of adventure games nowadays.

I’ll add also this podcast which contains an interview with Steve Kirk (regarding also TWP)

1 Like

I found this interview with Ron Gilbert:

https://nodontdie.com/ron-gilbert

It’s interesting and it’s different from most interviews (he doesn’t get asked “what is the secret of MI?”). I’ll add it to the wiki also.

4 Likes

A Finnish site published an interview with Ron Gilbert: https://muropaketti.com/pelit/peliartikkelit/haastattelussa-ron-gilbert/

Sorry, it’s in Finnish, but I’m sure you can learn the language quite quickly. As an alternative, you could use Google or Bing translate.

If you use Google translate, the name “Murder Pack” should actually be “Cereal Box”, which is the name of the site (“Muropaketti”).

5 Likes

Muropaketti :arrow_right: wall packets
It looks like Italian, not finish!

You can also imagine a Dutch person putting on a fake Italian accent that way. Muurpakket -> muropaketti. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Muuri is (a big^) wall in Finnish :smile:

^ E.g. The Great Wall of China, The Berlin Wall or a wall of a castle. A wall of a house is seinä.

1 Like

Interesting that you also use a loan of murus. Roman walls must’ve been something to behold. :wink:

(Well, I beheld a whole bunch of them and they are, lol.)

3 Likes

We should add or at least link all the ones with David and Noah on Indy3 too…

1 Like

An article about the making of Manic Mansion over at The Edge’s website (archived)

“Initially,” recalls Winnick, “Ron and I actually developed a very basic, board game-style version of the game that was playable on paper.

“Ron was definitely the driving force,” asserts Fox. “He’d gather all of us game designers around a computer and demonstrate the Sierra games.

3 Likes

Recent interview I did with ZDNet… I made sure the Thimbleweed Park poster was in the background, not to mention my shirt. Enjoy!

10 Likes

Mark Ferrari discusses pixel art as an art movement, the art form’s shedding of gaming nostalgia, its growth as a rejection of the current software landscape, and more!

5 Likes

Mark Ferrari!

7 Likes

Recent (Mar 2021) interview to David Fox at DOS Game Club:

6 Likes

An interesting interview on the subject, and always a pleasure to hear Mark Ferrari speaking. The interview is part of a wider project of a documentary about the making of the game. You can easily find the other links in the description of the video.
Enjoy:

5 Likes

A Conversation with LucasFilm Games (LucasArts) gaming pioneer David Fox!
Premieres Sunday, May 15th, noon (PT)

5 Likes

David Fox plays Zak McKracken with Say Mistage & Daniel Albu (Scheduled for Oct 16, 2023)

4 Likes

She does a cute drawing every (?) day btw.

2 Likes

Nailed in my agenda. :slight_smile:
Don’t know if it’s a live or an offline interview?

I assumed that it would be a livestreaming event like their other lets plays where you could chat with them while they play.

1 Like