I have similar hours logged, also left game open for a long time, also offhand say 10-15 (maybe closer to 10), no walkthrough etc. I think it’s pretty clear considering the main unique mechanic of the game (which I won’t spoil I guess) that it was designed to be fast paced. I’m with seguso, I’d prefer more of a challenge but know that it would detract from the snappiness of the game overall.
I hope this game gets widespread attention because it really shows that point and click adventures have a lot of life left in them.
I finished the game in 6.5 hours, without every being stuck for more than a few minutes (and I never leave the game on when I’m not playing). So that’s perhaps on the lower end of a possible play lengths.
Based on the trailer, it looks like a well-made, and pretty ambitious, pixel-art adventure game. But it’s also got a combat part, so I’m a bit reluctant to try it. I’m just coming out of playing Indiana Jones and the Great Circle, and I’m burned out mentally.
One of the few games I backed on Kickstarter lately, but given my current track record of picking interesting looking titles that did not quite live up to my expectation, don’t be foolish and assume it’s any good. But I guess the topic is released adventure games, and not notable adventure games.
Another one by Amanita Design. Not really my cup of tea, and this one doesn’t even look appealing from a purely artistic point of view, with its dreary look.
Much less of an adventure game (but not your typical RPG either), and much more my thing: the spiritual successor to Disco Elysium. Guess I’ll be playing that next, while waiting for Esoteric Ebb to materialize on GOG.
Hey guys, we have a new masterpiece on our hands: Escape from 8-bit High. It’s basically a new Maniac Mansion. It was made by the developers of R3d Star, another great game with fantastic puzzles and gameplay, so I already knew the quality would be there.
I’ve only played for about an hour, but the school is under attack by both zombies and aliens at the same time, and you control three characters at once just like in Day of the Tentacle. I can already tell where this is going: this game is an absolute gem!