Leisure Suit Larry - Wet Dreams Don't Dry

As a visiting professor of … :thinking: (insert raunchy wordplay on Monkeyology here)

1 Like

Spunkyology?

1 Like

Kongology?

I must say I’m rather sceptical regarding this game. There is a thin line between sexual humor and ickyness, and it takes a lot of skill to make sexual humor work. From the official texts and the teaser video, I’m not sure the new team is up to the task.

And then, of course, there is Al Lowe. I remember back when Magna Cum Laude came out and how insulted he was at not having been involved. When he did the Kickstarter to remake the first part, the aim was to earn enough money to produce a real eighth part. I backed and followed the Kickstarter, and my impression was that even though Al Lowe decided to retire from active development afterwards, he was still emotionally attached to Larry. So it would have been common decency to approach him beforehand. If not as an active team member, then at least in an advisory function. But judging from the game’s FAQ, they didn’t even do that.

4 Likes

You know the way the description reads this could be a real interesting Austin Powers like fish out of water scenario where 80s party swinging Larry gets in trouble for harrasment and sexist speech.

1 Like

Hi Daniel! Long time no see!

For those who may not be aware… it’s for a big part thanks to Daniel that we got lip-synching in TWP.
It’s a long story… you had to be there…

3 Likes

Link: https://github.com/DanielSWolf/rhubarb-lip-sync

Hi @Sushi ,

I haven’t really been gone. I keep skimming the forums and following the discussions. It’s just that I only post if a) I have a strong opinion about a subject and b) my post wouldn’t just repeat someone else’s points.

For example, I’m a real fan of @Guga’s Italian fan dub project. I believe it’s a great idea and I really appreciate his energy and patience in seeing through such a huge project. But when I decided to answer on his thread, I saw that what felt like hundreds of others had already written the same. So I didn’t. :frowning_face:

Anyway, I’ve been a Larry fan since my teenage years. (As a side note, I even contributed code to ScummVM recently to make sprite scaling in Larry 7 smoother.) So I watched with growing incredulity as they ruined this great series after Larry 7. And I just cannot fathom how anybody who cares about the series could fail to include Al Lowe in some way.

4 Likes

I wouldn’t worry about that too much. On a forum it can sometimes feel like people are ganging up on someone when they all individually disagree, but I’m not sure if you can gang up in positivity. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks! And you’ll be happy to know that we’ll even include the lip-sync in italian, it works really well even in our native language!

Oh, don’t by shy :slight_smile: Please answer as many times as you want, you won’t be processed :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

P-p-processed? :scream:

1 Like

Don’t worry, he won’t fit in the microwave.

1 Like

Well…

2 Likes

Eh…what?

4 Likes

:ear::snake:

1 Like

The whole tune or just the flute part that keeps repeating during that bit(as in my case, right now!)?

2 Likes

The whole tune of course.

2 Likes

Yeah, like in a trial… I mean: prosecuted (Sorry, my second best game is Ace Attorney!)
immagine

2 Likes

Mr Wolf, you are hereby accused of contributing your valuable opinions to the discussion!
How do you plead? :grin:

3 Likes

Not guilcup!

How you can find someone “not Esther Williams?”:joy:

3 Likes