Let AI create a story for you

… and you are … What? What am I? Please tell me:

I am now going to give you the key to the most powerful and most deadly weapon in the arsenal of the wicked and you are going to use it to slaughter all those who would oppose you! "

The player then has access to this weapon in two different instances.

Ascending into the Cathedral in The Long Dark, the player can use the Shadow Whip to deal small amounts of damaging damage to the player or undead foes.

In The Long Dark, the player can pick this weapon up after completing the quest “Climbing the Walls.” The player will then be placed in the same instance level as before.

If the player kills The Black Dahlia, the player will gain The Hammer of Balthazar which functions exactly like the Shadow Whip, except when hitting a non-hostile NPC they will instead gain a single-target damage that is much more effective than the Shadow Whip.

If the player has not been able to finish The Long Dark, the Shadow Whip is available in the “Climbing the Walls” quest, requiring the completion of the Quest Line “Shadow of the Horned Rat.” The player will need to be at least level 36 (the

3 Likes

I wonder what texts it got fed. A lot of the stuff sounds like it’s directly from various Wikis, but searching for some parts that stand out yield no direct result. So it must have remixed the content quite well, while keeping the diction similar.

The Green Sister of Yendor, Ella of the Green-Eyed Monster, Ella’s daughter, is the sister of Alaric of Yendor, and sister/half-sister/half-brother of Rhea the Green-Eyed Beast. She is the daughter of Ella Lythand and Alaric’s father, and she has the appearance of her mother. Ella was a child of both Ellag’s and Alaric’s family (her mother, Arian, was also a green, red, and black). In D&D’s version of ancient India, the “Green Tribe” are a kind of humanoid race originally known only as green, that first appear in the poem ‘The Green Tribe’ by Rudyard Kipling. After the arrival of the white-haired people, they spread to other lands across the world, including the British Isles. In the English version of the poem, the green people are named after their colors but in India, the “Green Tribe” is named after Alaric and Ella.
__
What makes that even more remarkable is that just that weekend, I started reading Kim by Rudyard Kipling. So that really had me baffled for a moment :slight_smile:.

1 Like

Sounds like a good name for a metal band :metal:

2 Likes

Doc Brown made a time machine out of Michael Knight’s KITT. In the time machine, Michael finds himself back in the original 1960’s (or is that the 1940’s), where he comes across what appears to be a spaceship which is on its way back to the past. The ship is an actual ‘Bond’ which has traveled back in time to stop the Nazis from taking over Europe. Michael is not able to stop it. When the time machine lands on top of the castle in Belgium, Michael returns back to the present where he is confronted by a girl called Daphne. Daphne seems to know everything about Michael and she is the only person who can stop the time machine. She also happens to be Michael’s long lost brother. The future Michael is not sure that he can continue on while the future Daphne is his only friend left. The girl also shows Michael that Daphne is the descendant of the Count of Monte Cristo. The two begin to get closer to each other. But something terrible happens. The girl vanishes leaving behind a prophecy about Daphne. She reveals her secret to Michael.

2 Likes

:open_mouth:

David Fox and Annie Fox go to Italy. They meet a nice guy in Venice. The Italian guy is the same guy that’s been giving her all these gifts. “It’s so wonderful,” he says to her. “The weather, the wine, the food. I just can’t get enough of you. I can’t wait to share it with all of you.” At the end of the day, when he’s finished sharing with her, he offers her one more thing. “I want you to find someone to spend the rest of your life with,” he says, trying to keep the romantic tone up. “I want you to go out with someone you met at a dinner party.” “Wait a minute,” she protests. "You said that you had to wait two months to marry her? That’s when I said, ‘Well, I’ll take the two months and run.’ " “No, you won’t. Because she’s not going anywhere.” The only way this guy is going to get his hands on her is to tell him to call back within a day or two. So Fox starts to worry about him being gone or he’s going.

2 Likes

@ZakPhoenixMcKracken You inspired me to try the computer’s songwriting skills.

Fox on the run. You scream and everybody comes a-running. Take a run and hide yourself away. Don’t answer questions. Don’t admit. This is an insane prison. You are just a pawn. I don’t care what you say. Don’t talk. Don’t be a little thing.

“I don’t care about your little man. You got no balls. You got no morals. Just don’t touch me.”

I said, “Who the hell are you? Who are you?”

He said, “You’re one of those people you see around town. You know, you think the only reason why all the cops are out here is to keep the dope out of the streets and then you don’t see that for a second. The cops don’t have to come out because dope is everywhere. It’s all right to sell it as long as you don’t distribute it.”

“Well,” I said." I don’t know what you’re talking about."

“Don’t try to lie,” he said. “I’m talking to you.”

“Do you see all this dope around?” I said to him.

3 Likes

Not too close…

Deep in the Caribbean, Mêlée Island, in the year 1688 , a young man by the name of Nicolas Dessair (also spelled Dessard) landed at the local port to embark on a new voyage. From this tiny island he planned to start a new life in the New World and, having been born on board of an English whaler, he wanted to leave his mother (his sister had been a slave on one of the earlier voyages). On the way to the island, his companion was killed during a storm and Nicholas was abandoned on the beach.

What he didn’t know was that this unfortunate fellow had been abandoned by his former master, and not long after arriving there, he was picked up and taken to a nearby plantation. There he was forced to work in the field, growing tobacco to support his family. His master’s wife, who could not feed her husband without the cane, eventually gave in and fed Nicholas as well to keep him fed; however, the cane’s intoxicating taste soon proved to be too much for him, and the two fell in love

I wonder what could have happened if the main character would have been named “Nicholas Dessair”…

1 Like

Bingo!

Disney has finally sold the Intellectual Properties of Monkey Island to Ron Gilbert. In doing so they have officially sold their IP rights to the game. It is now up to the developers and players in the community to decide on what should be done with the IPs. For those that do decide to use the IP for something I believe it needs to be done right. It should have a quality product with an incredible set of features that makes the game unique, a creative sense and an engaging adventure, which everyone should play in order to get all of the enjoyment out of this game. These are all things that must be made available for Monkey Island 3 or else they will do what many companies have done in the past, just for the sake of money and it won’t make anyone (even in the business industry) happy. There is also a very large amount of content available as well as the opportunity for the future. While the game may end up falling into that category I believe it can still be something really awesome that can appeal to the widest range of people.

2 Likes

Oh, yeah! :smiley:

1 Like

It could be a review written in the year 2022 near future…

1 Like

@ZakPhoenixMcKracken I’m getting conflicting information:

**Nicholas Dessair — not to be confused with Despair — was a strapping young lad who didn't know how to handle a sword.** He joined the Guard where his father ran it, learning the finer art of the combatant. He grew to become the commander of the Knights of the North, a well-respected knightly order. He had a young son by his first wife but a second wife to his second wife, and one daughter to his third wife. He was a good man.

Then in 456 AE, the city of Solitude went under siege by Orcs in an abandoned warehouse. The city had been sacked many times over the years before, most recently in 471 AE when the city was besieged by Orcs from the Blight. In 447 AE, they came back again when a band of Dark Elves who had been driven from their homeland besieged the city. They were driven out the next year, but the city had not yet been restored.

That night, Nicholas woke up to hear the sound of a battle going on in the darkness. The next

He travelled through time!

2 Likes

Oh right. “The next moment deep in the Caribbean, etc. etc.” :wink:

Seems it needs a bit of fine-tuning, or things get scandalous fairly quickly :wink:.

Edit: One way to totally break it seems to be entering numbers. Entering 1234567 causes it to spit out what looked mostly like source code. But, after a few attempts I actually got it to continue the sequence of Fibonacci numbers before eventually drifting off into Wiki mode:

0, 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, 34, 55, 89, and 999, plus the “Suspend” key, which lets you cancel a single key press.

The button layout in the PS2 game is completely different than what’s available in this FAQ and it makes a huge difference when playing this game.

It should be noted that the PS2 doesn’t have any buttons like we have in the XBLA versions. These keys were used and remapped to the keyboard, which is how the controls work.

As you can see, pressing the Start button takes you to Game Over screen and the menu (in which you can choose between three different difficulty levels, play “Fatal Fury” or “Legend,” switch characters and go back on the main menu). If you press the Start button again, you’ll be taken to the actual loading screen screen where if you’re a regular user, a tutorial will play. If you’re a modder though, you can just press the Start button right away, which should open up the menu screen for the game.

1 Like

I’ve always wanted to be a modder so I can just press the Start button right away.

"Also, I’m always wondering about other games and would like to play them. I can find some of a storyboard for one of them here: [Hex] https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9S1C0NpZl2GzCw5RjVkX1NmZ0RVNDE/view?usp=sharing I’m also interested in other games, so I’ll be looking into mods for more than 5 minutes.

"When I play games on Steam, it’s mostly the same thing - playing a quick game then going home from work, usually without having played a game before. I’m starting on a mod for the classic adventure game “Lords of Midnight”. It has to be finished before the Steam release. I was hoping this would be one of my first projects from Iota.

"The game is a simple point and click adventure. One player controls the main character and the other one controls the sidekicks, looking at different puzzles and

2 Likes

Krufrudi was born in 1955, after having fled the Soviet Union to Germany when it was in the midst of an armed occupation. He worked as a doctor and a pharmacist for years before taking a job at a drug depot. In the mid-'90s, he joined the local Communist Party and became a member of the Communist Youth League, of which the Communist Party is a branch. He returned to the U.S. in the early-'00s and worked as a private investigator until he was eventually arrested for soliciting sex from an underaged girl. He spent 15 months in prison, but a few months later he joined ISIS and became a terrorist fighter, killing a Jordanian pilot and capturing two other men. He was killed by Iraqi forces in late 2014.

“I was not an extremist, I didn’t believe in killing people,” Krufrudi says from jail. "People ask me what I am doing now, and I say I am in prison. But I don’t have to say why I went to the United States.

2 Likes

Thimbleweed Park forum members experimented with AI driven content creator.

A lot of those experiments and games were a disappointment.

5 Likes

Thing is, it reminds me of some fun we had in the office 10 or 12 years back, running text through some translation service and then have it translate the result back, and it would turn out hilariously funny. The stuff here is still in that stage, more or less, but give it another ten years and it’ll be pretty decent technology.

2 Likes

There’s actually a classic scifi story about what superficially appears like a story generator that basically works like one of those Amazon/Google Home Spy devices. It generates stories based on things it reads, sees and hears.

Unfortunately search terms like “scifi story generator” are completely hopeless.