Longest and shortest time you've spent on a game

Yeah, perhaps we should. I’ve spent a long time replaying Mega Drive Tetris to try and get the highest possible score. Despite the Sega version being the rarer breed - but it’s the one I’m used to playing.

I need to finish Zak first though :wink: I’m hopping on it imminently.

2 Likes

:open_mouth:
That’s like ultra rare!
(Ok I can play it on the actual MD using my everdrive cartridge) do you have an actual copy? It’s worth millions… or close to.

Yep - it got pulled shortly after release because of copyright I believe.

Sadly, mine is part of a knock-off 10-in-1 multicart I bought in Singapore in the 90s. It lists on the back Michael Jackson’s ‘Moonwarkle’.

2 Likes

Speaking of Tetris:

Oh yeah, there’s a Michael Jackson, um, Moonwarkle game, isn’t there? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

That’s not a typo :stuck_out_tongue: as I said, it’s a knock-off.

1 Like

So there’s a real game as well as a Moonwarkle ripoff? I thought you just meant an illegal copy with a typoed sticker slapped on. :stuck_out_tongue:

I meant it’s not my typo. Stop being facetious :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Mostly because it’s not Steam’s god damn business* what I am playing and how long.

* Actually it is.

1 Like

Oh I see. I thought you meant out of guilt :wink:

1 Like

Well, that’s the reason I normally won’t look at them but ignore them. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Here’s my interpretation of a moonwarkle:

1 Like

:laughing:

He’d be much better at killing those zombie dogs. Without having to do any silly dances. He’d simply blind them with his charm.

1 Like

Daaaaamn, how does she even do that?

Had that for the SNES and finished it multiple times. Guess it wasn´t as hard as the Sega version that everyone says is superior.

1 Like

Secret brainwashing. That’s why I was in your mind the other day :wink:

I guess so. Either that or you’re a dab hand with camels and flying carpets.

2 Likes

Good to know you did some cleaning in there, I was afraid you two would leave a mess. But then again you´re both british so I guess it looks better there than before, now. :guardswoman: :guardswoman:

Don´t remember camels in the Nintendo version but the part where you have to fly the carpet through the cave escaping a giant wave of lava was the hardest I think. Snakeform Djafar was really easy though.

2 Likes

Hard to tell, as I don’t constantly count the hours.
On Steam, my Portal 2 has 210 hours. So many great workshop maps. And offline hours not even counted, I think. I’ve also played the PS3 version.
The other two games with quite a lot of fan mods and therefore hundreds of hours:
Boulder Dash
Doom 2
And probably not far from that: The Secret of Monkey Island. It’s such a great game, I played it too many times, I lost count years ago. It is just too good not to be played again and again.

The least play time. I won’t go through Steam statistics, as games with very short times, I just played elsewhere or without Steam, so that doesn’t count.
Super Glazz
Blödtris
Both are meant as a joke that worns out quickly. You must be pretty masochistic to play them for more than a few minutes.

2 Likes

Wow! That’s a lot of hours. Are the workshop maps a modding thing? I loved Portal 2. Shame they’re not likely to make another one.

1 Like

I think @Calypso’s moved this into the Adventure/Lucasfilm category, but just to clarify my question isn’t specific to those types of games (I guess it’s the closest category). I’ll add a note to the OP.

1 Like

Many are made with the build in editor, so they are single chambers without a story. There is the BEEmod, which adds some more placable objects and several themes to the portal editor, but still just single chambers.
But there are also many bigger mods made with the hammer editor, having its own story and areas outside chambers etc… There are really quite a lot of good mods in the workshop.
And there is Portal Stories: Mel, which made it into its own Steam title. Absolutely worth, too. And it’s free.

3 Likes

Cool, thanks - didn’t know about that :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like