Pigeon Brothers Business Cards - For Halloween and Cosplay purposes

Hello everyone, new user here. I have fallen in love with this game, and my SO and I have decided to cosplay the Pigeon Brothers, and me feeling the need to be “extra”, decided I’d make business cards to also advertise the game!

We will be in character and also passing these out for our Halloween parties as well as conventions we go to.

These are rough and last minute but I think they turned out nice! Let me know what you think :slight_smile:

13 Likes

Whoohoo! Great idea and nice cards! :smiley:

Would it be possible to download them somewhere (as a PDF)?

1 Like

Thank you! I was just able to print them at the moment (I have an illustrator file and a jpg at the moment. All I did was pen tool over a rough concept they did of the van’s logo, so I’ll post that if anyone wants that gööd vector) but when I get home I will set the files up as a PDF and link them all here.

If anyone is good with pixel art, they could add a wrench in the white space for added detail :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Will post a PDF once I make it tomorrow at some point, sorry. In the meantime, here is the cosplay. We handed cards out to everyone and they thought it was hilarious/awesome. Hope this is okay. :slight_smile:

13 Likes

You both look great! :smile:

That’s so cool. :joy:

Did people get who you were? Or did you have to explain?

https://twitter.com/ChillingLucifer/status/1188149733606473731

Without any knowledge or other reference it would be hard, if I search for pigeons in video games I get stuff like:

2 Likes

Pigeon simulator? I think 90% of the fun from such a game is witnessing somebody wasting their life as developers. No harm intended.

It’s still in development btw.
Their previous game (Worlds Adrift) was a failure. It was early access but didn’t make enough revenue so they’ve killed it. Players cannot host their own servers and are now *beeped*.

But you may know some of their previous games, especially: Surgeon Simulator.

Apologies for taking so long! Been too busy enjoying the weekend.

Now, the one thing I wasn’t able to give is the PDF. The way I made it, is I imported the vector from Illustrator (something I’m not super competent in) and pasted it into photoshop (Which is easier for me. Photography minor, hooray!) and created the JPG I used to hastily throw it together.

So to make up for that, I have provided this shared drive folder with the illustrator files (1 is the vector only, 2 is the finished product rasterized and such. The images are all done in photoshop I believe.):

Pigeon Brothers Business Cards

Feel free to use them at your leisure, as all I did was trace over the concept art for the van found on the blog (thanks for the reference, guys!) and use the same font used in the game itself.

If anyone does a better job than me, please show off! :slight_smile:

EDIT: The texts used for TWP were found out here: Fonts that have been used in TWP!

4 Likes

I modified it a bit: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1k4rnKbtqWajSWbSpYlIaydBegoQOrjzQ/view
It’s a vectorized PDF, CMYK color space, K 100%.

4 Likes

As a surgeon, I must say that game is stupid to me.
It would be interesting to listen to @ChillingLucifer’s opinion about Pigeon Simulator, you know… as a pigeon.

It’s part of this whole weird genre of games where the controls are the game.

Has there ever been an Operation video game?

That’s the second best Thimbleweed Park cosplay costume I’ve ever seen!!!

5 Likes

Wow! Thank you so much! I have to admit, when I created my original cards I hadn’t touched illustrator in over 10 years, so I’m glad someone took it and improved it! I also like how you got the line in between the vector letters to be more wide. It took too much time with the time I had, and inexperience, so that makes it look a lot better - and the black highlight on the website URL does make it more noticeably better.

Thanks again! Awesome job! :smiley:

4 Likes

As a monkey better not ask me about this monkey isle game. Especially regarding tooling. I’m not happy about how my folk is treated.

5 Likes

It is hard being a three headed monkey, nowadays.

1 Like

No idea why this old thread showed on my unread topics now but your link is dead?

1 Like

These days more often than not I find this is due to spam. The post that bumped this is either flagged and hidden or already deleted.

My guess is that google is really asking for their drive space nowadays. I already have to delete some stuff myself and I don´t even use it that much. :grimacing:

1 Like