Ron Gilbert's new game

Ron, This is the game that I want, and the game that YOU were born to make.

It’s a co-operative adventure style game, where two players take turns playing their characters. One character is a parent of a ‘kid’ character, but they must work together to solve puzzles. The game would offer some customization in the form of “how old is the kids”, and could scale the kid puzzles to match the kids age. The parent character’s puzzles would be hard and require a lot of traveling, and dialog etc.
When playing as the kid character the parent character would follow the kid around and the kid could request help from the parent character, etc.

I’ve got a 6 and an 8 year old kid. I’m sure this’ll take you 2 years to poop out, so please ensure there are at least options for 10 / 12 year old kids. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

We had a discussion about this approach in this forum (or was it the development blog? :thinking:). The idea isn’t bad but the realization isn’t easy, even if you use turn based playing. And there are already games, like the Gobliiins series, that you can play in co-op mode (and they are suitable for kids).

1 Like

Ask @yrface he was so happy that Ron called his suggestion a good idea. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That’s right, I tweeted about it, didn’t I? :nerd_face:

4 Likes

Yes. And you can be proud. While I still feel a bit weird that I am still the single person with the most likes by him on this forum and I have no idea how I did that! :open_mouth:

3 Likes

I’ve noticed that. Makes sense to me since you are probably the most consistently prolific poster in the forum.

Also, it’s no coincidence who has the most likes from our robot overlord, Discobot. :grinning:

3 Likes

Yeah, but everytime that happened I still asked myself “Well, why this one?” :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I first read profiler…

1 Like

The bot is very polite. I figured out the algorithm which is why I’m the only one with 2 likes :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Just came across a funny statement on Reddit for us introverts:
You know you’re an introvert when you have inside jokes with yourself :wink:

5 Likes