Seguso's Adventure Game Thread

I will just let you argue with yourself here :smile:

Ok, you convinced me. I meanā€¦ I convinced me.
:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

So, to be completely clear about what I have decided hereā€¦ the game will be released all together. Is that it?

2 Likes

So, do we have the game title there?

3 Likes

Lol! That will surely be the name of the sequel, if I ever make one!

I changed this locationā€¦ I think itā€™s pretty final now:

7 Likes

A few locations I forgot to post hereā€¦ How many do you recognize? :wink:

cliff

horse-race-start

7 Likes

I really like the light reflecting off the water in the second one! And how colourful the third one is. Great work! :smiley:

2 Likes

Thank you Tasse :slight_smile:

I have to say the hardest part is the integration between charater and backgroundā€¦ Sometimes itā€™s very hard to find a model for character faces, and then putting them in the right pose.

As to that, I still have to characterize a few characters that you donā€™t know, since you only played the first part: the Dragon, Heracles Perrot, The King, The Twelve Graduates, Oliviaā€™s father, The Countess, Mr. Higgins, the Wizard of the East, the Golem, The Pope, Sir Manso de Zuniga, a mysterious little girl, a couple more that will be easy, and lastly the undead pirate Gaetano Oā€™Connor, which I think will be similar to LeChuck :).

2 Likes

The first three only. The last one looks familiar, but I donā€™t remember a dogā€¦ or do I?
Ah yes, I do! I just remembered the puzzle there (based on the background) and how that dogā€¦ SPOILER

2 Likes

Dammit, that picture is a spoiler. Everybody please unsee it!

Editā€¦ No, after all it isnā€™t a spoilerā€¦ you donā€™t know how you got that dog there.

1 Like

They have improved very much!

1 Like

ā€œHelp me, Olivia! My son has been kidnapped!ā€

ā€œGOOD! I meanā€¦ donā€™t worry, Madam, Iā€™ll rescue him!ā€

ā€œthank you dear! Can you bring him in time for supper?ā€

5 Likes

For this characterā€™s face, I took the eyes of Ron Gilbert! But (as he strangely wasnā€™t grumpy enough), I took the mouth from someone else :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Ooooo, thereā€™s a potential for a pun / in-joke there! :grin:

4 Likes

but no fourth-wall breaking in this game :slight_smile: There are references to our world, but the characters wonā€™t understand them :slight_smile:

2 Likes
  • ā€œGo to chop the wood.ā€
  • ā€œBut I am only 6!ā€
  • ā€œGo to chop the wood!!!ā€
  • ā€œOK.ā€
    :rofl::rofl::rofl:
    I wanna play your adventure again!
2 Likes

Chopping the wood was actually the very last thing I did in part 1 of the game. Take that, Oliviaā€™s mum! :joy:

(It was the last puzzle I figured out how to solve.)

2 Likes

Letā€™s not forget that everything started with ā€œMom, Iā€™m boredā€:

OLIVIA: ā€œMom, Iā€™m boredā€
MOM: ā€œWhat was it you said, dear?ā€
OLIVIA: ā€œI said Iā€™m bored.ā€
MOM: ā€œGo chop the wood, then. Youā€™ll see youā€™ll no longer be bored.ā€

In this light, the Momā€™s response seems perfectly reasonable and completely deserved, doesnā€™t it? :slight_smile:

(That is basically my reaction when my daughter tells me sheā€™s bored)

3 Likes

Like a boss:

3 Likes