Seguso's Adventure Game Thread

I like a LOT the work you made on the color palette of the water. You’re really mastering the art, man!

1 Like

Thanks! Only problem is, I have a hundred locations plus cutscenes. :stuck_out_tongue:
One background takes about 12 hours.
I’ll have to decrease the detail on some locations.

Another work in progress background: the museum.

Note that Leonardo Da Vinci’s statue has two right feet. (crucial for a puzzle :))

5 Likes

One of the most dramatic scenes in the history of games is finally taking shape!

8 Likes

I was laughing while drawing this :slight_smile: I thought to post it here too:

8 Likes

The priest’s role has been expanded in the second part:

PRIEST: “How dare you come here empty handed? Here, in this magnificent place? In this SPLENDOR?”
OLIVIA: “What’s with the splendor, now?”
CAMILLA: “There he goes again, bragging!”
PRIEST: “Look how many SAINT things there are in this Church! How many RELICS! It’s the BEST church in the world, am I right?”
OLIVIA: “Enough! I challenge you, Father! I will find an object so holy that yours are worth nothing, in comparison!”
PRIEST: “Don’t make me laugh, child! There are no objects holier than these!”
OLIVIA: “Oh yeah? Then I will find THE HOLY GRAIL!”

4 Likes

… ta - tadah - taaaaaaah!
And suddenly, a man with a cowboy hat holding a whip appears…

1 Like

Shouldn’t that priest’s head be a bit bigger?
:thinking:
Or his legs a bit shorter?

1 Like

Probably the legs shorter… But it doesn’t look bad to me. (Maybe the head should be bigger to make it equal to the girls… But elsewhere this would not work.)

So far the idea is that adults are realistic, children are south park style.

I’m also considering to switch to a full South Park style for adults. I mean , the one they sometimes use for famous people, with photographed heads on cartoon bodies… Which would mean to shrink a lot the priest body, and alter the proportions, but leave the head as it is. (but bigger)

I think this style would fit too.( btw, if the girls had voices, I’d have them talk like south park.)

The problem is that then I would have to do the same for Mike Stallone (or wouldn’t I) and I’m not sure it would fit the character. Surely it would be easier to draw cartoon bodies…

Not sure what I expected to hear, but that’s not it! :rofl:

I like the style. It’s random enough, it conveys the mood.

So, when will it be out? :smiley:

2 Likes

Ok, not completely… But they have the big heads and small bodies :slightly_smiling_face:

So, what do you guys think for adults? Should I switch to realistic heads on cartoon bodies? (except for Mike Stallone)

Good to know. Not yet completely settled, as you see.

more than one year… I’m afraid even two years. I can do one location a week, given one location takes 6-12 hours depending on the complexity of the composition. And I think I have done only about 30% of the locations of part 1… and part 2 is as big as part 1, in terms of locations. The game is so big that eventually I think the two parts willl be released separately, as fortunately the gameplay allows to separate them. This game is very “parallel”, with many open objectives/stories at once, which you can play in any order; but fortunately there is a clear cut that can be drawn between part 1 and 2.

2 Likes

I think the current style works. The priest specifically looks a little neckless perhaps but if that’s how he looks it’s how he looks.

2 Likes

THE VERY SAME!

The priest: he is intentionally neckless… The idea is that he is a bit hunched. but the torso should probably be changed a bit.

My earlier comment referred to the priest being Warwick Davies (the very same!) on long legs/torso - no need to change anything

As to releasing it in two parts… take into account bugfixing of the first part, so you probably might only want to release the first part when the second is ready for 70% or so.
And you would lock down the main characters, style,…

2 Likes

LOL. I didn’t know who he was! I just found his face extremely funny.

The very same!

Good advice. Fortunately the second is 95%percent ready. Only some greeting dialogs are missing (which are very important because they create the illusion of npcs following the story).

I mean, I really hate when the story evolves, you get back to an old location, you talk to a character and you get the same dialog choices you had in the beginning (the very same!). Doesn’t he know that a dragon is attacking the town? Doesn’t he know that I solved the mystery of the jewels? That I defeated Mike Stallone? And so on.

1 Like

I meant 70% completed, final art-wise. Ideally design and dialogue should be finished (wireframe version).
And that is just assuming you are not going to tweak the game and design beyond the point of no return - which the release of a first part clearly is.

Oh, final art-wise. Okay. But then there’s no point releasing in two parts…

I think the game will be constantly changing even after release, for at least 1 year, especially adding jokes. Maybe even graphics and subplots. And of course fixing bugs and handling combinations I hadn’t thought of.
That is why I’m making it client server, always online. I need to be able to pull the old version from circulation in a snap. I know some won’t like it.

This is to say I’d have no problem changing the first part retroactively when I release the second.

2 Likes