Seguso's Adventure Game Thread

Awesome.
Can’t want to play it again!

You’ll see the interface has changed again :slight_smile:

And I am still thinking about Ace Attorney …

1 Like

I kinda like the first and second shot, but I think the 3rd could do with some more uniformly colored surfaces.

In my book, it’s not true pixel art if every pixel is allowed its own color :slight_smile:.

I understand what you mean, I follow a process that is different from usual pixel art, makes very noisy effect. I like that because my brain interprets that as detail. I understand it’s different though.

the third one could use more polish, which would make it more like the previous two. I’ll probably do a second pass to each bg.

Mine too, so I guess your process works :slight_smile: . Maybe if you added a posterization step, to get the number of different colors down a bit?

Or apply your method more selectively? I find the wood panels on the wall and ceiling look great, but if the rest of the wall and the carpet (and possibly the table surface) were a bit calmer, the whole image would be a bit easier to look at.

Whereas the castle with it’s mostly bright wall or the dark areas of the cave are quite pleasing to look at, and make the more detailed parts of the scene stand out even more.

But anyway, as with RtMI, as long as the creator is pleased with the art, everything’s fine :slight_smile: .

the carpet was done very quickly, I need to make it more even, and make more clear patterns.

I think my style will improve automatically as I go, so for now I’m just moving on to the next location :slight_smile:

1 Like

I for one don’t give a hoot if it’s “pixel art”. :wink: Impressionist stuff is very cool.

3 Likes

5 Likes

Sandstorm coming in? :smiley:

Sorry, can’t help myself. This looks great, but I think the clouds would benefit from being a bit more grayish. Would make them even more impressive and their color would clash less with that of the building.

Kinda like in this photo

2 Likes

Now you said it, I can’t unsee it. :grimacing:

I’ll hire you to make the final retouches, in case I finish all 110 locations😅

1 Like

I’m only good at voicing an opinion, but not so great at acting upon it, I fear. Otherwise I might have gotten further along with my own game making efforts.

But do keep posting those pictures and if my amateurish eye spots something to remark upon, I’ll leave a comment.

Though I guess there needs to be a balance between getting things done and getting things done to perfection. Probably better to make a quick pass of all 110 locations first, instead of devoting too much time to any single one :slight_smile:.

1 Like

Brave move!
I kinda liked the non-pixelated watercolor style too. Will you make it an option to toggle between the different styles and interfaces you had implemented over the last years?

1 Like

Nope! I would have to paint all rooms in all styles :slight_smile:

Interface: the latest one is always the best and the only one (universal rule).

Didn’t you by now? :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I’ve chosen too small a pixel size. Next time I’ll do bigger pixels:

3 Likes

That picture reminds me of “The Guild Of Thieves”:

Well, somehow… :smiley:

2 Likes

Nice!

Another one, with lower resolution:

4 Likes

4 Likes

4 Likes