"Short Trip", an interactive illustration

Alexander Perrin is an illustrator and digital artist. He has just published what for me has been a wonderful short dive into his beautiful art.

It takes just a few minutes to complete a trip but I suggest you to play it slowly to really appreciate it.

Just use a modern browser and visit this page (I suggest to show it in full screen mode):

The announcement on Twitter and a video:

4 Likes

This is so beautiful.
I enjoyed the ride!
I love it.
There’s so much in it that I appreciate.
Railways.
Public mobility by electricity.
Trains as open spaces, places to meet, to gently mix with other people.
People, drawn as antropomorphic cats.
Places where cities blend in the countryside, in what is no more urban. The most beautiful places. Keystones of balance of life on earth.
Iron wood and stone.
Doors. Last doors to the wild.
Drawings. Drawings by pencil. The white of paper. A certain architectural knowledge, and imagination in using it.
Relaxing sound of woods.
A lighthouse.
The feeling of what’s underneath the surface of the earth, in the feeling of white of paper.
There’s no sky, but it felt there was all to let every sky be nice.
A little portion of a world to explore, only for the sake of exploring.
Bridges.
It stops just a stop before falling silly in the melancholy of Arts and Crafts.
I don’t have the slightest idea of what it can be used for.
But it made me happy like a child.
Thank you Low.

2 Likes

Something wrong with your line break or is this poetry?

Thank you, that was beautiful!

Ahah… no, sure… it’s a list! A list of pauses!
If I wanted to describe what I enjoyed in the illustration talking… I would have done those pauses…

Well then it certainly would be modern poetry.

1 Like

I loved that part!
I still remember many things he says…

“Il mio dente…”

I actually learned what beat poetry is from that game* (we don´t read Ginsberg at school here).

*well, also this:

1 Like

Ahah, nice scene!

Well, that forms a precise idea about beat poetry and its social contest! I bet now you know well the beats!

I really know little about them, neither we read them at school.

I had a phase for a while when I read Howl and other stuff. But it´s funny how these things sometimes start.

Anyway, I also like the antropomorphic cat character in the “short trip”. It reminded me of Max in his costume in “Where The Wild Things Are”.

1 Like

These are interesting suggestions for next readings…
I’ve to finish Moby Dick first. I had an edition from the early sixties, the first translation, a valuable book that smelled a little like the sea. Unfortunately someone stole my luggage with it on a stop on my way back from the summer vacation… I have to wander for some book market to look for an edition that have the same appeal…
Just hope they will enjoy the book as I did. At least, a less common way of book sharing…

Ha, a book with some of the longest footnotes I´ve ever seen. You feel like you know everything about whales after you read that, fun!

Then you haven’t read the German translation of “A Supposedly Fun Thing I’ll Never Do Again” (link jumps to a German website with a book review).

Okay, I didn´t say it was the longest. But I remember the longest footnote in Moby Dick was like 3 pages long.

Hm… That could be indeed longer as in “A Supposedly Fun Thing I’ll Never Do Again". I have to compare that by chance. :slight_smile:

Also there is this 20 minute drum solo in the middle…

2 Likes

Hehe. But it would be really interesting to know which novel has the longest footnote. :slight_smile:

The ones in “A Supposedly Fun Thing I’ll Never Do Again" are really long (= several pages) printed in a small font.

Does Ininite Jest also have footnotes? That could even be longer.

Sometimes even book titles have footnotes!*

*see Discworld Wiki

1 Like