Simon the Sorcerer 1+2 25th anniversary edition

They are available only on Gog (if I haven’t overlooked something). Let’s hope that they will stay there after the 3. April … :slight_smile:

1 Like

Both games are in my Top Ten. And, honestly, I think they are perfect just as they were originally designed.

2 Likes

Actually, you won’t be able to buy the original versions anymore, once the anniversary ones arrive. It’s clearly stated.
Also, who already has them, will have a discount on the new ones, which is quite humorous to me, because I don’t see why I should pay extra money for a worse-looking mobile-port version of a game I already own.

Yes, but they should be included in the anniversary editions as a bonus. The question is: Do you get two programs or do they mean that you can switch back to the original interface within the anniversary edition?

Yes, it’s basically a port of the mobile version.

They will be included as bonus content (at least on GOG, “Legacy version”).

BUT you should be able to turn those enhancements of in-game in the new version (this horrible graphics filter, music, controls). I assume you will be able to control those settings individually.

It doesn’t have as many as ScummVM: Scaler - DOSBoxWiki

If someone preset it in dosbox.conf you can easily disable it.

1 Like

I don’t want to open a new thread for this, so I post it here:

In the current sale on Gog you can get the original versions of Simon 1, 2, 3D and different other adventure games - including several Sierra adventures:

2 Likes

I’m interested in Gorogoa. Any idea if it’s any good? :wink:

PS Oxenfree is on sale too.

I haven’t played it myself yet, but according to some critics it is very short but good. So if you like those kind of unconventional puzzle games, you should give it a try. :slight_smile:

I decided to go for it (as well as Simon 1, 2, and 3D). :slight_smile:

1 Like

The games are now available at GOG:

https://www.gog.com/game/simon_the_sorcerer

https://www.gog.com/game/simon_the_sorcerer_2

1 Like

Gorogoa was short but pretty good. If it had been longer I think it might’ve overstayed its welcome.

1 Like

The comments on GOG are mostly … bad :expressionless:

If they are true…I cannot believe they released the game with a smooth pixel effect and not using scummVM system anymore :roll_eyes:

1 Like

They are using ScummVM of course, albeit not a current version. They have reenabled subtitles + voices again in this modified version (which was disabled in ScummVM because of missing subtitles and synchronisation issues).

1 Like

I’m newest here… found this thread by Google.

I’m not a total newest because i’m already played TP (and i’m finished it about 5 months ago) but there’s a different thread.

I’m here about this 25th edition… it’s exactly used ScummVM engine… there’s some files report using a version 1.8.0…

1 Like

Here are the changes… video

1 Like