Text Version of Podcasts

No, sounds like a good plan to me. :slight_smile:

I agree. It’s usually used when actual, overt mistakes are made, like typos - rather than ambiguity in what someone is saying.

Yeah. I spent years curbing that habit :expressionless:

I think it makes sense too.

And also by splitting it up, it won’t be the most replied to topic any longer. The next one is probably some random-off-topic. So perhaps just create a topic with links to your videos (and perhaps the text only transcripts) and point everyone else here for the discussion on either format of the “text” version of the podcast.

Ooh! Curb no more, I’d say…

Done! I’ve moved the posts about the Wonderful Animated Podcast Project™ to the new Animated Podcasts topic.

4 Likes

Thank you!

I just started listening to these and they’re great! :joy: Did you ever make a Part 3 to the Friday questions?

1 Like

As you may have noticed, @Calypso and @RonGilbert have helped us again, by creating a separate Category for “Podcasts” discussion, which includes this topic, the new split out topic for the Animated Podcasts, and the 10 Podcast Transcripts Topics, created by @Sushi.

2 Likes

(Un)fortunately, not, because my co-worker quitted, and nobody else wanted to help me in this crazy idea of mine…

I start from the autocaptions text made by YouTube. Still, it is quite a lot of work to correct the initial pass, add speakers, remove stuttering/speech patterns (you know), add punctuation, format laughs,…

Remember that my main goal in this project is to highlight the funny/interesting parts and add footnotes and links.

But I have to admit I do not spend any time on it anymore…

If there are candidates who’d like to help out, we can add them to the git or send a file of one raw transcript to clean up.
Also some proofreaders to correcth my spelling errohrs are welcome (looking at you @tasse-tee and @PiecesOfKate)!

2 Likes

Do you want me to spend the time and effort in getting the TWPSMPTP TM** back on the rails?

THIS POLL IS CLOSED BECAUSE IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN MULTIPLE CHOICE…
PLEASE SCROLL DOWN AND FILL IN THAT ONE INSTEAD

• Yes please! My life feels incomplete without it. If there was a Kickstarter, I’d back it.
  • Yes please! I enjoin reading them and would like to thank you in natura (which address can I ship this shrinkwrapped C64 version of Maniac Mansion to?)
  • Yes please! I would even like to help out.
  • Yes please! But a :+1: is the most you’re gonna get.
  • Whatever. I don’t read these podcast transcripts, my hearing is fine and I don’t care for those “interesting” references.
  • Couldn’t care less. Nerds!

0 voters

** Thimbleweed Park Standup Meeting Podcast Transcript Projeckt

I can’t say my life is incomplete, but I’d certainly Kickstart it, if it were possible/needed. This project is important for me, since I don’t have time/patience/reading comprehension skills to listen to all the podcasts.
Anyway, I can’t help with more than a :+1: at the moment. I won’t take care of any fan project until completion of the Italian Fan Dub, and I feel I’m neglecting it yet, because I’m moving and in the middle of some job projects.
Given this scenario, should I click 1 or 4?

Yep, still more than happy to do that :slightly_smiling_face: what’s the best process?

1 Like

I can help too! You probably don’t need both of us to check the same piece of text though.

:wink:

1 Like

Not the same piece of text, but there is a lot of text, so if we divide the efforts a bit, I am sure we can spit out 1 or 2 transcripts a week.

You passed the test! :smile:

Good to know! The process depends a bit on how tech-savvy you are. Either you directly commit things on the git repository, or I send you a text file for review and I take care of putting your revised copy back on git.

When in doubt, always click 2! Because that’s what I’d want more than money. (If I’d calculate my hourly rate of my daytime job on the time I spent on it already, I could have bought a pristine copy of MM by now… but then again, we wouldn’t have had 18 transcripts to enjoy either).
To be clear: unless I get 100 votes for it, I am not seriously considering a KS. I just put the gradations in to see how big the interest really is. If I would have provided only the choices yes/no, it would skew the results.

I just realise, I should allow people to vote on multiple things!

1 Like

I would prefer the latter option, seeing as I didn’t know what a commit was until recently :laughing:

2 Likes

It seems I can’t edit the poll type, so let’s redo this…

Do you want me to spend the time and effort in getting the TWPSMPTP TM** back on the rails?

(you can select up to two answers)

• Yes please! My life feels incomplete without it. If there was a Kickstarter, I’d back it.
    • Yes please! I enjoin reading them and would like to thank you in natura (which address can I ship this shrinkwrapped C64 version of Maniac Mansion to?)
    • Yes please! I would even like to help out.
    • Yes please! But a :+1: is the most you’re gonna get.
    • Whatever. I don’t read these podcast transcripts, my hearing is fine and I don’t care for those “interesting” references.
    • Couldn’t care less. Nerds!

0 voters

** Thimbleweed Park Standup Meeting Podcast Transcript Projeckt

I dont’ know if it was a good idea to close the old poll. There was a guy who offered the MM box… I hope he’ll show up again! :smile:

2 Likes

the old poll is closed, but his answer is still valid.

@MarkB20000, feel free to fill in the new poll

2 Likes

YouTube is fairly terrible at it imo. Not saying the ones I mentioned are better since I simply don’t know, but seeing how it’s their core business and all I think it may not be unreasonable to expect such. :wink: