The official language thread

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

1 Like

…again.

1 Like

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours even if flagged)

1 Like

Yeah… so quite a stretch :wink:

Kind of like that sped up, with some gurgles and spaceship noises.

Credit: ©Milan Fahrnholz Simpson III, esq. 2018

I know you did :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I see what you did there. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

3 Likes

The official post withdrawn by author thread

3 Likes

I managed to read it :smiley: I’m not telling anyone! Move aside, Monkey Island, there’s a new secret in town!

2 Likes

:shushing_face:

1 Like

:moneybag: ?

2 Likes

If I were to tell someone, who would that @Someone be? (Seriously, that’s like the best nick ever)

4 Likes

Next question:

What is the difference between “fortunately” and “luckily”?

1 Like

They seem pretty similar to me. Perhaps fortunately emphasizes the “good” a bit more and luckily the chance aspect.

aren’t they simply synonyms?

1 Like

That is the question. :slight_smile: In Germany we have only one word (“Glück”). I would see it at the moment like @Frenzie.

1 Like

In italian it’s “fortunatamente”, one word only.

2 Likes

To be precise I should add: “Glück” = “fortune” is the noun, “fortunately” would be “glücklicherweise”. But it’s still only one word.

1 Like

Ooh, I was about to wonder: it would be the first time where an Italian word is longer than a German one :blush:

3 Likes

No, sorry, my fault. :slight_smile: (It’s after midnight in Germany and my concentration is, well, in bed already :wink: ).

2 Likes