You know, we Italians have fantasy: we speak with hand gestures, we also like to express concepts with ways of saying, typically figurative.
Here is a list of 11 common saying, literally translated in english. We Italians use them in our conversations.
Why 11? Because David Letterman used to list 10.
Italian readers: if you translate literally, you probably will get a big smile.
Non-Italian readers: can you guess the meaning of the following expressions?
Just for fun!
- You have your head on your shoulders
- Arrange yourself
- You are not even able to make an O with the glass
- You are an in leg person
- It costs like an eye of the head
- Don’t sing victory too early
- Those goods are like Mana from the sky
- The two of you are like ass and shirt
- Live, horse, that the grass grows up!
- Thank you one thousand
- Wife and cows from your towns