The most ridiculous english swear word

Still influenced by the TWP DLC: What is the most ridiculous swear word that the English language offers? Is it beep or beepyourbeeeeeeping or something else?

And are there different swear words for woman and men?

Go BEEP yourself, said by the lawyer.

1 Like

I like douchebag and the fact that no one in Germany knows what that is.

1 Like

It’s “I don’t wear beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep hats!”

Still waiting for someone to make a recording of the uncensored version.
…please!! The suspense is killing me!!! :tired_face:

1 Like

Weird, I’ve been writing a post about swearing for my language blog.

I like ‘fucksticks’, but I kinda nicked it from Dexter.

2 Likes

Here’s some funny ones :wink:

My favourite one that I have seen before is #9, because Wombles. :rofl: And my fave word that I haven’t heard of is #4 - @PiecesOfKate , is it legit?

2 Likes

Haha, I doubt it, but it’s good!

I use number 12 a lot, unfortunately.

Don’t post that fast new words - I have to translate them all. :wink:

Never heard any of these. :slight_smile: Are they really legit english words?

What. Is. This? :open_mouth:

I doubt you’d find them in a dictionary, but some of these I have heard or seen before at some point. Others may be made up by whoever wrote the article…

The Wombles are furry animals that love to pick up litter and find creative ways to reuse it. They had their own TV show in the 70s, which I never watched - I wasn’t around then - but my parents often played their songs on cassette in the car during my childhood. Now I own the CD, and it’s my go-to driving music when I’m feeling sad :blush:

Earworm time!!!

1 Like

It would be enough if they are actually used - I would just like to exclude fictional/fantasy words.
(But I’m often surprised which words one can find in the German dictionary Duden… :wink: )

Hm… They look familiar. I wonder if they were shown in the German TV too… maybe not as Wombles…

Indeed. :grinning:

I once had a friend in Essex who joked about his intentions to form a Folk Band and calling it “Sir Andrew and the Flying Arseticklers of Dunstable”.

3 Likes

I love the sound of “poppycock”.

2 Likes

I answer this myself: The German ZDF showed the Wombles in 1977. It’s interesting that there are two versions: In the first one the comedian Dieter Hallervorden is the narrator while in the second one they used different voice actors. Especially @tasse-tee: Here is the first German version:

@tasse-tee: Do you know if they produced some plushies? I can vaguely remember that I had a similar looking plushy as a kid…

back on topic:

:slight_smile:

@ all native speakers: Are all swear words offensive or do you have swear words that are used in a -hm- harmless way. For example in Bavarian you can say “leck mi am oarsch” (“lick my beephole”) if you are amazed.

1 Like

I love the expression “oida zibbfegladscha”(which is really friendly actually), I have no idea how I would translate that into english (or even plain german) though…

Plain German: Alter Zipfelklatscher
Englisch word-by-word: Old lappet clapper

These translations doesn’t have a meaning. For a good translation you have to find out where the words “Zipfel” and “Klatscher” came from. I’m sure they have a meaning, for example the “Klatscher” could be a job.

1 Like

I thought it meant “dickslapper”.

This man has some nice things to say to you:

F-star-star-cunt

I hope the male members of this forum are prepared if you ever greet them in person :neutral_face:

As I´ve said it´s not that bad most of the time, it may sound far worse than it´s meant to be. But I don´t really talk like that in real life anyway…

6 Likes