The pronunciation thread

Welp. :sweat_smile: Oh well, I cba to record it again

1 Like

I might be wrong. :wink:

But I think it’s klingeln = bell, klingen = what you’re going for.

1 Like

Ahhh, klingen! Das ist was ich meinte! :smiley:

2 Likes

This is great! :slight_smile: Sometimes you are accent free and sometimes you have a (lovely) British accent. Do you have a character that you would like to dub and which character do you think would fit to your voice?

1 Like

Hehe. Klingeln… :bell:

From all pronunciation of my first name this one was certainly new.

:smile:

1 Like

Ahh, not too bad then! :smiley:

I’m not sure. I’ll have a think.

1 Like

I paused because ich klingel didn’t sound right. It would be ich klingle (well, ich klinge) here, right?

Aww man :confused: I tried to copy your name from the pilot podcast.

2 Likes

Stupid phone keyboard acts weird. But I’ll be home on the desktop soonish.

Alright, I figured I might as well join in.

4 Likes

Ich klinge du klingst er sie es klingt

2 Likes

To ring (at the door): klingeln, ich klingel or ich klingele (both are allowed)
To sound like somebody/something: klingen, ich klinge wie …

But don’t worry: These words are (sounding) similar and it’s difficult to distinguish between them.

1 Like

Somehow I find this what do we sound like thread much more interesting than the usual what do we look like ones that sooner or later appear on every forum

2 Likes

Indeed, @Frenzie sounds like a robot… :wink: How did you record your voice?

Maybe he is? Didn’t you see the movie by the German director that has a Belgian and a Swedish robot in it?

1 Like

That’s my phone, lol. I kiiiiind of would like to spend some money on something like this and this (i.e., low-end decent) but how could I justify such a purchase? :stuck_out_tongue:

I think my webcam might have a slightly better[1] built-in mic though.

I dunno, maybe I should just record as if I were calling on the phone when using my phone?

[1] Read: slightly less crappy.

To would be able to post high-quality audio files of your voice in this forum! Aren’t these enough reasons? :wink:

1 Like

Yes, those are indeed excellent reasons. Contribute now to the Buy Frenzie a Mic Fund so you can hear me in higher quality. :stuck_out_tongue:

Target goal: €100
Stretch goal: €500

Upper tier gets a personalized message in their language of choice.

2 Likes

What about T-shirts? I’m backing projects only if they offer a T-Shirt and a boxed version!

1 Like

:thinking: I think the only way to settle this is to have a dance fight with all of @tasse-tee’s suitors, and she chooses the winner.

:dancer: :hocho:

3 Likes

A what?

/edit: And after googling:

I’ll have to say: :open_mouth:

1 Like