The X-Files 2018

Well episode 2 wasn´t really a Monster Of The Week, yet was it(though the preview for episode 3 showed that the next will be one)? More a continuation of a subplot hinted at in episode 1. While the plot itself was a bit convoluted (with some ideas that almost made me think William Gibson came back another time to write) I got a giggle out of topical jokes like the reference of the white house and the FBI not having a good connection these days as well as a subltle hint at Mulder and Scully´s love life. And of course they managed to get a Lone Gunmen cameo in, I knew they´d do it even if it meant to came up with a weird plot device like that.

But rewatching the first episode, I don´t know the whole dialogue scenes between the Cigarette Smoking Man and Reyes annoyed me to no end. All that non subtle unnatural talk about feelings and assumptions just seemed to go nowhere.

It’s weird, it felt like it was somewhere in between a standalone episode and a mythology one.

It was very Gibson-esque.

I think I actually prefer the first episode to that one. The dialogue with CSM and Reyes was a bit irritating, but outside of those scenes the drama was really rich and seemed better thought through than some of the ones in season 10.

1 Like

Me too in about three hours from now! :grinning:

:grinning:

See if you can catch the line in that episode that made me all giggly (before reading my earlier post).

Ohhh, the pressure! :sweat:

BTW: I deliberately didn´t quote your post, maybe you can see why.

1 Like

I have no idea what you’re talking about, Milan.

Thanks. I must now go and say five Hail Grammars.

2 Likes

You will be judged accordingly.

2 Likes

Oh you could…you know…enter the lion´s den and start correcting @RonGilbert ´s posts. Should keep you busy. :wink:

And when we’ll see Katie’s Grammar blog? :thinking:

1 Like

I have no idea what you’re talking about, Milan.

It’s like I’ve been biting down on a pencil for months.

2 Likes

I have actually been giving that some thought. I might make it a ‘blog about language’ so I can shoehorn in some other random topics. Like swearing and sneezing, which are two things I have lots of thoughts about.

2 Likes

Don’t think! Just do it! (*)

(*) No trademarks were harmed during posting this post.

1 Like

1 Like

The correct response was
tumblr_nhm0xpkG5j1qd6v0do3_r1_500

2 Likes

But, but, but it’s too heavy!

1 Like

Wait a minute, that cat didn´t look like an old timey telephone the last time I saw it, no matter how grumpy it was…:thinking:

Back to topic:

Ah, so it seems to be a funny one this time! :smile:

Right at the moment I have no way of knowing if there are any edits in this episode. But considering the time and the body count I guess there might be this time.

I was about to post a related photo when it morphed.

Yeah it kinda is :slightly_smiling_face: though not as wacky as one you’ve got coming…

As in censoring? That’d be a shame, though I guess it’s before the threshold there.

Judging by the trailer after this one, certainly not the next one, right?

Yeah that would be after ten.

So…

A single line? Hmmm, there´s been a lot of the usual back and forth this time. Was it something during the spooning scene?

:smirk:

I think it was after that. It had rhyming in it.